Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buy or Sell: 3A Contenders

Featured Replies

Just like ESPN... buy or sell team's chances as being a contender to reach state semi's.

 

#3 Johnson Central (6-0)

#7 Louisville Central (5-1), Loss to 4A PRP (5-1)

#8 Franklin County (5-1), Loss to #4 3A Lex. Cath. (4-1)

#11 Valley (6-1), Loss to #7 3A Central (5-1)

Just like ESPN... buy or sell team's chances as being a contender to reach state semi's.

 

#3 Johnson Central (6-0)

#7 Louisville Central (5-1), Loss to 4A PRP (5-1)

#8 Franklin County (5-1), Loss to #4 3A Lex. Cath. (4-1)

#11 Valley (6-1), Loss to #7 3A Central (5-1)

 

I'll buy:

Johnson Central, since their region may be a little down this year.

Central, since Boyle County and BE are definitely down this year.

 

I'll sell:

Franklin County, since there's no way they will get past the likes of HHS, CCH, and LexCath.

Valley, since they will not get past Central.

Sell on all of them.

 

JC - of the instate teams, have played one team with a winning record and they were a 1A school.

 

Central - weak schedule, really untested other than PRP.

 

FC - of the 4 listed, this is the one team I wouldn't want to play, but they sink or swim with one player.

 

Valley - Central spanked them and haven't played any other top teams, weak schedule will hurt

Just like ESPN... buy or sell team's chances as being a contender to reach state semi's.

 

#3 Johnson Central (6-0)

#7 Louisville Central (5-1), Loss to 4A PRP (5-1)

#8 Franklin County (5-1), Loss to #4 3A Lex. Cath. (4-1)

#11 Valley (6-1), Loss to #7 3A Central (5-1)

Well since Central and Valley are the two best teams in their region, I guess I have to buy one (probably Central, but I'm not ready to shovel dirt on Valley). If you would "sell" both of them, I'd love to hear who you think is coming out of Region 2? I guess you could make a case for North Bullitt, but Valley and Central have already beaten them.

 

With all due respect to Mason Co., Region 4 appears to be a 4-man race. Rock, Bell, Ashland, and Johnson Central. I'd say JC has at least as good a chance as the others, maybe better, just impossible to tell at this point. I'll buy them as a bonafide contender in Region 4.

 

Franklin Co. may (underscore MAY) be the best team of the 4 you listed, but have virtually no chance to come out of Region 3. It's just too tough, with CCH, HHS, and LexCath. I'm selling them having any chance at making it to the state Semi's.

Just like ESPN... buy or sell team's chances as being a contender to reach state semi's.

 

#3 Johnson Central (6-0)

#7 Louisville Central (5-1), Loss to 4A PRP (5-1)

#8 Franklin County (5-1), Loss to #4 3A Lex. Cath. (4-1)

#11 Valley (6-1), Loss to #7 3A Central (5-1)

 

Johnson Central - Buy. Lack of depth has cost JC shots at several regional titles in the past. This is the deepest JC team ever and an injury to one or two key players in the playoffs will not be a deal breaker in the playoffs for a change.

 

Louisville Central - Buy. Their region is down and they have as good a chance as anybody of winning it. Better, IMO.

 

Franklin County - Sell. FC is no better than the fourth best team in their region. It will take two upsets for them to win the region.

 

Valley - Reversals of 36-0 same-season losses happen - but not often. I just don't see Valley turning the tables on Central in a rematch.

Sell Central.

 

They won't beat 2 of the following: Bullitt East, North Bullitt, Valley, or Waggener a second time. Which they will have to do under this year's playoff format.

 

Buy Franklin County

 

I think they are ready and their "almost" showing against Lex Cath, might just be the boost of confidence they need.

Sell on all of them.

 

JC - of the instate teams, have played one team with a winning record and they were a 1A school.

 

Central - weak schedule, really untested other than PRP.

 

FC - of the 4 listed, this is the one team I wouldn't want to play, but they sink or swim with one player.

 

Valley - Central spanked them and haven't played any other top teams, weak schedule will hurt

 

:thumb: Sell JC - They wont even win their district.

I want to sell Ashland.

I want to sell Ashland.
Better sell now before the Tomcats meet JC. Nobody will be buying the Tomcats' chances a month from now.:lol:

I believe FC is the best of the teams lifted we will have to see if they can make it out of their region, Highlands, Cov cath, are large Mountians to climb.

Sell on all of them.

 

 

I tend to agree :thumb:

 

 

Highlands, and Bowling Green are the 2 best teams. It will be hard to knock these teams off.

Buy

Johnson Central

Franklin Co.

Central

Sell

Valley

Better sell now before the Tomcats meet JC. Nobody will be buying the Tomcats' chances a month from now.:lol:

:lol:

:thumb: Sell JC - They wont even win their district.

 

 

 

We will see after the Tomcats come to "The Nest" in 2 weeks. The Tomcats will be eating their words!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.