Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bate Middle School (Danville) v. Boyle County Middle

Featured Replies

Visions of things to come? Bate Bulldogs just played Boyle Middle with Bate winning 46-0.

Do these kids sometimes go to one Middle School then switch to the other High School?

The Boyle County 7th grade team did beat the Bate(Danville) B team 20-6, so I guess the vision may not be as clear as some folks think. Everybody plays for Boyle County regardless of what the score is and all the starters come out when the game gets out of hand.

The Boyle County 7th grade team did beat the Bate(Danville) B team 20-6, so I guess the vision may not be as clear as some folks think. Everybody plays for Boyle County regardless of what the score is and all the starters come out when the game gets out of hand.

 

Somerset beat Bate Middle 7th grade 30-0. I had to keep chains at that game and Bate's coach said that they only get 1/2 hour a week to work with the 7th grade, the rest of the time is focused on the 8th grade. The same coaches coach both so their 7th grade was really unorganized in regard to their 8th grade team. In the 8th grade game Bate won 40-30 so it was a whole different story, I was led to believe that the 7th grade was used as a scout offense/defense for the 8th grade.

Isn't that unfair to the 7th graders that don't play on the 8th grade team? You guys got loads of talent that plays for the 8th, no doubt. Some of those kids on your 8th grade team are 7th graders. Our 7th grade gets the same amount of practice as the 8th grade and a select few of the 7th graders play a few plays on the 8th grade team, but all of the 7th graders will play in the 7th grade game. I didn't realize you guys did things so differently.

I think that allot of middle school programs suffer do insufficient coaches in the building. I know Bates HC isn't a teacher; he's a Para-pro who’s been there forever.

 

I wish each middle school had at least 2 -3 coaches in the building so that would make things better for the kids.

Isn't that unfair to the 7th graders that don't play on the 8th grade team? You guys got loads of talent that plays for the 8th, no doubt. Some of those kids on your 8th grade team are 7th graders. Our 7th grade gets the same amount of practice as the 8th grade and a select few of the 7th graders play a few plays on the 8th grade team, but all of the 7th graders will play in the 7th grade game. I didn't realize you guys did things so differently.

 

I'm actually from Somerset, I was just on the Bate sideline during the game. My son is a 7th grader at Somerset, they have the same staff coaching both teams but the practice time is used equally and being a small school some of our 7th graders play a lot in the 8th grade games. Also last year my son and about 5 other 6th graders started for the 7th grade team. I guess Danville figures that the practice time against the 8th grade will help their 7th graders as they get older. I'm sure not going to argue with their tactics. They've done okay over the years.

I actually talked to a Boyle middle football player earlier in the week, and he had told me Boyle middle was undefeated going into this game.

The Boyle 7th graders plays with spirit and heart, that's something that the Boyle's varsity needs to do.

I thought this was a high school football forum! Most middle school scores have been moved to General Discussion.

I actually talked to a Boyle middle football player earlier in the week, and he had told me Boyle middle was undefeated going into this game.
Corbin has a good 7th and 8th team think you could talk to somebody about a game with them if so pm me.

The 8th grade Boyle County team had lost 1 game to Lincoln County, the 7th grade team is undefeated with their last game against Harrodsburg on Tuesday.

Corbin 8th has dropped two, leaving them at 6-2

The 7th Grade is 8-0

My son plays on the BCMS 7th grade team. You should have seen him open that hole for their 3rd touchdown of the game. Talk about making a parent proud!!!! :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.