Mr. Kentucky AJ Mayer?

Reis Alex

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest here... Rondale Moore has positioned himself to be a HEAVY favorite for Mr. Football at this point.

Moore's recruiting attention and prominence playing at Trinity already had him near the top of many short lists, but the way he has absolutely dominated on the field against elite level competition has put him where I would dare say the award is his to lose.

Moore from Trinity will win it. His stats are ridiculous. And he has played way better competition as well. Mayer is a stud but Moore is on another level.

Moore is only player in state history with two games of 20 receptions in same season and BOTH were against elite competition.

I'm not sure how many votes Mayer would get west of Lexington, but that's where most of your AP voters reside.

Moore is a big name out here. So is Jairus Brents. Even if Moore and Brents split votes over here, I do NOT see Mayer getting many votes above third place on WKY, CKY and LOU ballots (not when those guys have "home" vote players to include).

Mr KY is a big deal, but I would bet a dozen from Dunkin Donuts that Mayer will take a 5A ring over a Mr KY award each day of every week. With that said, Moore may get a 6A ring too.

Moore will win it and Moore will also get a ring. Not sure any team in KY has a chance at Trinity.