Mr. Kentucky AJ Mayer?

Reis Alex

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he has offers from and or signed with who?

Morehead St offered I believe. 1st yr as official starting QB and AJ has been 3 yr starter.

I think AJ is better but just because a certain BGP person posted comparative stats lets not disparage the HS kid.

If AJ continues to light up the scoreboard and lead the Colonels to a State Championship then I would put him right up there as a top vote getter. I just think its Moore's because of where most if the votes come from and he is at Trinity.

Trinity's QB, also a first year starter, has some REALLY nice stats, too. For an undefeated highly ranked team against one of the state's toughest schedules.

Bohn had the best (most yardage) single game passing regular season performance in the HISTORY of Jefferson County football.

And Smock is an awesome lineman at St. X and will be playing at a Power Five school.

Mayer is a great player.

But because of the talent level out west, I do NOT see him picking up many votes, even for third place out west. Which makes it extremely hard to win Mr. Football.

I think (hope) AJ will be a finalist when it comes down to voting, but I don't think he will win. If the vote was to take place today, if you ask me, the award belongs to Rondale Moore.

Afraid you are correct. But, that should take nothing away from A.J. He is a very special and talented high school QB. Put A.J. on Trinity's team for his career with Louisville media, exposure, and program's rep plus historical performance and Rondale is just a great addition to a super team. One season plus a few playoff games would not have been enough time for a very talented Moore to surpass the statewide rep A.J. would have built. N. Ky athletes are at a distinct disadvantage.