Who is your favorite Trinity Head Football Coach of all time?

theguru

As a coach, it's pretty tough to argue against the level of success Bob Beatty has had in his time.

But my favorite will always be Chuck Servino. He was the coach when I started at Trinity and as a teacher and a member of the community, Trinity couldn't have had a better man. He was a great man and better than we or anyone could have ever deserved.

As a coach, it's pretty tough to argue against the level of success Bob Beatty has had in his time.

But my favorite will always be Chuck Servino. He was the coach when I started at Trinity and as a teacher and a member of the community, Trinity couldn't have had a better man. He was a great man and better than we or anyone could have ever deserved.

Absolutely. I had him for history and as a coach. Stern but fair. My dad and I used to go to his radio show at Kunz every Saturday. Wish they bring that back.

I suspect that the answers to this question will always be determined by which one you knew best and when you went to school. I think it is hard to argue with Bob Beatty as the best football coach. And it is more than Xs and Os. I have never seen anyone better at getting kids buy in to the idea of team success over individual success. For us old guys, Jim Kennedy started it all. There is no finer man, teacher and coach than Chuck Servino. But for service to the school in many capacities, dedication to Trinity, longevity (46 years and counting I think) and as a role model for young men, it is hard not to pick Dennis Lampley. When I think "Coach", he is still the one that comes to mind.

Coach Lampley hands down. The epitome of a fine Christian gentleman. The main reason I sent my son to Trinity. His children are two of the finest people you will ever know. His grandson is a fine young man. His grandson is a junior in high school in Tennessee and one of the most highly recruited linemen in the country.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

Coach lampley hands down. The epitome of a fine Christian gentleman. The main reason I sent my son to Trinity. His children are two of the finest people you will ever know. His grandson is a fine young man. His grandson is a junior in high school in Tennessee and one of the most highly recruited linemen in the country.

I loves Coach Lampley as well as all the other Coaches who have come along and helped build and create ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But Still...............Coach K.

Wonder if you asked Dennis who his favorite of all time is what he'd say ????