The Beechwood Authority is worried the game against CovCath will be a...

theguru

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beechwood authority...that nameless group formerly known as the Park Hills Mafia. Is life really that boring for Kenton County's economic elite? And...CovCath by 17

The Beechwood Authority has no connection, past or present, with the Park Hills Mafia or Turner's Angels.

I agree with this. If you are comparing the top 5 teams in each class against each other, the larger class teams should win. If you are coming from this angle, no argument from me.

What I don't buy into is that a larger school should win just because of their numbers. Ryle is not a top 5 team in 6A. They are a top 10 team somewhat by default because class 6A is struggling this year. I think Ryle would have their hands full with a lot of smaller class teams.

Here are some examples that I think make my point that school size does not mean a school should win:

2A DeSales defeated 6A #9 Ballard 37-22

2A DeSales defeated 6A #7 Butler 28-27

2A Christian Academy Louisville defeated 6A #11 Central Hardin 15-0

3A Lexington Catholic defeated 6A 2016 runnerup Lafayette 25-0

2A CAL defeated 6A Eastern (2-2, one of the largest schools in KY) 33-9

4A Johnson Central defeated 6A Henry Clay 40-28

3A Lexington Catholic defeated 6A Madison Central (2-2) 34-24

3A Central defeated 6A #10 Manual 7-0

3A Belfry defeated 6A Bryan Station 40-19

2A Mayfield defeated 6A McCracken County 49-27

2A Newport Central Catholic defeated 6A Cooper 29-7

Before I leave 6A, let me note Beechwood had no problems defeating 6A top 15 Conner (24-7) in a scrimmage ... I know, just a scrimmage but worth noting.

Also, there are several other smaller class victories over 6A teams but I will leave it at the ones listed.

In 5A:

2A CAL defeated 5A #7 South Oldham 28-14

3A Central defeated 5A #5 Fern Creek 29-0

3A Caldwell Co. defeated 5A top 15 Graves County 27-10

3A Corbin defeated 5A #10 Pulaski County 36-7

2A Danville defeated 5A #10 Pulaski County 34-13

1A schools have defeated 3A #1 Corbin, 4A top 15 Greenup County, 5A Harlan County and others. The top 10 in 1A are 20-6 versus larger class schools.

Bottom line - the smaller schools can play with the bigger schools and win more than their fair share including against ranked teams in larger classes.

Excellent Post VoR!

Naturally I would love to see the Tigers win, but they will be huge under dogs Friday night. This is Cov Cath's year. The Tigers have always stayed in the game with the Colonels, and I think they will do it Friday without a running clock. These big games are great at getting the Tigers ready for playoffs. I just hope and pray for an injury free night.