The Beechwood Authority is worried the game against CovCath will be a...

theguru

running clock by the end of the game.

The Beechwood Authority is normally pretty close on his private Beechwood predictions to me. Does anyone agree with him?

Additionally, MTGL posted this in another thread about this game:

No, I would not have thought last week that Corbin could beat a Top 10 6A team in Ryle. More so, since I don't think Corbin (or Beechwood) would beat Highlands, I'm even more sure of it today.

====================

While MTGL's post is certainly not a call for a running clock, he is definitely saying Covington Catholic will drill Beechwood. Now he is probably going to respond in this thread and deny that, but that is the way I read it. :)

So how about it everyone, is the Beechwood Authority right, will CCH put a running clock on the Beechwood Tigers?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only way this becomes a running clock is if CC gets multiple early scores (offense, defense, returns, etc.) and BW's ranks begin to thin from injury. Should both happen Coach Rash will wisely strategize to re-trench and fight another day. Upsets can and do happen of even greater sysmic magnitude than a BW victory would be. However, these old eyes project a three score CC margin as probable.

Beechwood is well equipped to keep this game respectable as long as they don't make any cataclysmic errors.

With that said this a matter of personnel and a 5A Title Contender like CovCath should over match a 1A Title Contender like Beechwood (although this truly is a very, very special 1A team).

If Beechwood can protect the ball, maintain their balance that makes them so good, and force CovCath to drive the ball instead of getting chunk plays then I think this is a 35-14 or 38-20 type of game.

If Beechwood puts in on the turf or let's CovCath pop numerous big plays then it could escalate and get ugly.

I think most come away from this game impressed with both teams.