Top Teams In The 10th Region

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something to be said for a player who has been with a program all four years, however, we aren't at practice every day. We don't see which players are hungry and getting after it and which aren't. What if a younger player is outplaying a senior in practice? Does that mean the senior gets to start and play just because she's a senior?

Believe what you want, Lexi deserved to be starting with her fellow Campbell Seniors she played with. Busam deserved better as well. You have two Juniors, three if you count the other transfer who is hurt. A freshman team and JV team with 8th graders because no one else tried out. School that big should have better, I see that as a bleak future.

I totally agree with you. Players who have paid their dues and worked hard over the years, finally get to be a Senior and has been told they can not start. That is a tough deal.

Again, it is my understanding that Miss Keaton quit basketball on her own. She wasn't forced out by a transfer or any 8th graders.

Transfers for the sake of the sport only is the wrong reason to transfer. I'm not suggesting this is why thia senior did at all because I have no idea. If she transferred for non related to sports reasons she deserves absolutely the same opportunity as anyone else. "If" she transferred for sports only, its the wrong reason and that usually backfires as things just seem to work out that way.

As for 8th graders playing over upper classmen... My opinion is a lot of times coaches do this to project a "future" of a program as if to in a way say "look what I have on the horizon" but in the end, most of these girls never get any better and the team does no better that it would have anyway so I would like to see them give the nod to the upper class players. In the end its the right thing to do... forget all the "this 8th grader is going to be a star" for the price of a kid that's paid some dues...... the program wont do any better anyway.

Mike (Honcho) and Mike (Baxter)

You all were hyping up that newly ignited Elsbernd Bracken Co Lady Bears defense in September and October....when we should be talking about the Lady Mustangs defense last night. 63-31 by Kevin Bundy's Brossart team is impressive.

Mike (Honcho) and Mike (Baxter)

You all were hyping up that newly ignited Elsbernd Bracken Co Lady Bears defense in September and October....when we should be talking about the Lady Mustangs defense last night. 63-31 by Kevin Bundy's Brossart team is impressive.

Honcho is no longer and pretty sure Baxter was agreeing with Honcho tongue in cheek. LOL

I totally agree with you. Players who have paid their dues and worked hard over the years, finally get to be a Senior and has been told they can not start. That is a tough deal.

Sumo, anyone who believes that has never experienced high school basketball at it's finest. Or maybe it's worst. Have watched it happen time and again. But no, I don't think any player DESERVES to start just because they have put in their time for the other three years. People, they are unpredictable young people and it's a game.

Lexi Stapletons mom and step dad got a divorce and Lexi and her mom moved in with family that live in Campbell County if you must know so I would say that is for non basketball reasons.

Terrible to have to tell personal stuff like this for public discussion. Divorce is traumatic enough for the children, get off the young ballplayer's case.