Pleasure Ridge Park 21 Eastern 0

DevilMayCare

It would be good to hear some details on this one. Was it an even closer game than the score shows and PRP got the 21-0 lead off early mistakes? Did PRP just try to run the clock due to the weather once they got the lead? Or did people expect something like this to be the score? Details would help sort out this one out.

I am confident PRP staff wanted to get out of this game healthy and may have rested some starters once it was 21-0.

All players started and played 4 quarters considering they couldn't put a drive together after the 10 minute mark of the 2 qtr

I think this game was little bit of both Eastern not being as bad as first thought and PRP being not as good as first thought. The panthers did not respond well to thunder delays and Eastern fighting back. This seemed to be the first game where the panthers were truly wore out by going against a team back and forth for 4 qtrs. This was a good wake up call for the panthers. They learned a lesson that the best teams in 6A will come in and get the job done all 4 qtrs no matter the opponent. Now it is up to them to make that change or be ok with being just good.

And as for game break down the panthers had 2 big TD plays and a short field where they put together a good drive to score. After the 10 minute mark of the 2 qtr they could not score and for the most part even had a tough time moving the ball. Teams that don't fumble the ball 3 times in the 1st quarter like Eastern will not give them the chances to score like they did. Eastern had a few big plays get called back as well. The game was much closer than the score. The panthers seemed to just be fighting to survive in the second half. That will not work against even some of the teams below them in the rankings.

I think this game was little bit of both Eastern not being as bad as first thought and PRP being not as good as first thought. The panthers did not respond well to thunder delays and Eastern fighting back. This seemed to be the first game where the panthers were truly wore out by going against a team back and forth for 4 qtrs. This was a good wake up call for the panthers. They learned a lesson that the best teams in 6A will come in and get the job done all 4 qtrs no matter the opponent. Now it is up to them to make that change or be ok with being just good.

You probably weren't paying attention, but they were only up 7 late in the 2nd half last week after having a big lead..

Nah. Prp is an emotional team that pumps themselves up and has a lot of adrenaline early. They pay a bit of a price after that wears off. This is the 3rd time its happened not the first. They were in a 1 point scrimmage against Fern Creek and up by 7 in the 4th quarter on Bowling Green. I suppose 21-0 vs Eastern actually doesn't even count as a back and forth game.