When Marty goes.....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, other than Marty they haven't really had a permanent 2nd banana in quite a while. Brantley, Kelsch, Brenehan Jr, Welch, Flynn have all filled that position. I have always liked Jeff Piecoro, Doug Flynn, thought Joe Morgan would be good, I've really warmed up to Dan Hoard, I do like Chris Welch. I don't think Brantley would want to do the number of games it takes however if I were to guess, I'd say Brenehan Jr and Brantley would get the nod. Just something about Thom's voice that my ears can't deal with.

This ^^^

Marty and the cowboy are the ONLY two I can stand to listen to. My only problem with the cowboy who I find comical is that sometimes he leaves you hanging and wondering what just happened, a lot like the old lefthander. Marty is the best even if he is full of himself. I listen to a lot of their away games on Sirius/Xm and believe me if you had to listen to some of the stiffs for the other teams you would learn to appreciate how good Marty is. Heaven help us if Thom gets the gig when Marty retires. I get sick of him telling us how much he knows about the last time that somebody did something or said something or whatever! Yeah we know you do your homework Thommy. Please just give us someone that will tell us what is going on in the game and nobody does that better than Marty period!

Marty and the cowboy are the ONLY two I can stand to listen to. My only problem with the cowboy who I find comical is that sometimes he leaves you hanging and wondering what just happened, a lot like the old lefthander. Marty is the best even if he is full of himself. I listen to a lot of their away games on Sirius/Xm and believe me if you had to listen to some of the stiffs for the other teams you would learn to appreciate how good Marty is. Heaven help us if Thom gets the gig when Marty retires. I get sick of him telling us how much he knows about the last time that somebody did something or said something or whatever! Yeah we know you do your homework Thommy. Please just give us someone that will tell us what is going on in the game and nobody does that better than Marty period!

So why did you dislike my post above (#18)? I can't stand Thom and was saying it would be torture to listen to him.

Caught the end of the TOR/PIT game today...brutal