John Calipari Sending Feelers to the Knicks

Brad will still graduate from UK, then get a job with the Knicks or wherever his dad ends up. Or dad helps him get a job with one of his college coaching buddies. If Brad wants to coach, he'll get a chance to coach somewhere with or without Dad.

I'd think that if Coach Cal left UK, Brad would follow and go to school somewhere near his dad.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he even went to school. Why go to school when you can be an employee of the Knicks? At least that's how I'd play it if I was Brad.

Either way, where Brad is in school has zero affect on whether or not Cal leaves UK for the right job.

OK-----you knew it was coming-----who succeeds Cal at UK?

Billy Donovan for real this time. Maybe Brad Stevens depending on where the Celtics are at. Right now Celtics are set up pretty with all their picks. So unless their picks flop and he never gets a big star to come there. I doubt he leaves.

So Donovan would be the guy imo.

If he even went to school. Why go to school when you can be an employee of the Knicks? At least that's how I'd play it if I was Brad.

I see Brad as a mama's boy and I'm guessing mama Calapari wants her son to graduate. Even more so with the success of his older sisters.

I see Brad as a mama's boy and I'm guessing mama Calapari wants her son to graduate. Even more so with the success of his older sisters.

Yeah but I'm thinking that whatever NBA city Cal ended up in that Brad could find a college or a university to take classes and still get his degree.

Gotcha. You assume that if Cal goes to the Knicks that Brad will stay at UK while I assume that if Cal goes to the Knicks then Brad becomes an employee of the Knicks. I see the disconnect now.

No, i assume Cal isnt leaving UK in the near future.

I assume the same but if he does stay or leave I have a hard time believing Brad will have anything to do with that decision.

I will say this is probably the first and only time he has ever actually coach one of his own kids. So I do think there is a better chance of him staying for that reason.

I will say this is probably the first and only time he has ever actually coach one of his own kids. So I do think there is a better chance of him staying for that reason.

Ehhh, I think coaching his kid is a stretch. Brad is on the team but I don't anticipate Brad ever being more than just being on the team. I think it is a great moment in time for both of them but I feel like Brad will be alongside his dad until it comes time for him to venture out on his own.