Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would you support Medical Marijuana if....

I would support 26 members have voted

  1. 1. I would support

    • Medical Marijuana NOT including Smoking.
      23%
    • Medical Marijuana ONLY if Smoking was available.
      7%
    • Only full legalization of all uses and products.
      69%
    • I will NEVER support legalization in any form.
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Gee wonder who is lining their pockets to keep it that way.

 

Ohio had a shot at medical marijuana but too many people saw it as a get rich quick by growing their own scheme and voted it down when they found out the growers would be regulated and only a handful of corporate growers would be allowed.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Marinol already exists.

 

It does, great point. If drugs such as Marinol already exists and is being prescribed why is there a need for Medical Marijuana?

My only beef with legalization is more drivers under the influence. Be able to deal with that similarly to alcohol and I'm all for legalization. To keep medical marijuana off the shelf is just retarded. I can't help but wonder what role insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies are playing in its delay

Edited by spindoc

It does, great point. If drugs such as Marinol already exists and is being prescribed why is there a need for Medical Marijuana?

 

Cost, marinol is not usually covered by insurance. I knew someone who had a parent dying of cancer and was straight up told by their MD. "I could write you an RX for it, or you could go and find a dealer and get it for a lot less."

 

Which they did end up doing the latter and it gave their family member consdierable comfort. It also depends on the indications for the drug too in regards to what it ends up being used for and whether or not the ins will cover it at all.

Ohio had a shot at medical marijuana but too many people saw it as a get rich quick by growing their own scheme and voted it down when they found out the growers would be regulated and only a handful of corporate growers would be allowed.

Yeah that was a horrendous bill and I'm glad they voted it down.

  • Author
Yeah that was a horrendous bill and I'm glad they voted it down.

 

I understand but wouldn't the benefits to those needing medical marijuana, outweigh the needs of those wanting to "Grow their own?"

  • Author
Cost, marinol is not usually covered by insurance. I knew someone who had a parent dying of cancer and was straight up told by their MD. "I could write you an RX for it, or you could go and find a dealer and get it for a lot less."

 

Which they did end up doing the latter and it gave their family member consdierable comfort. It also depends on the indications for the drug too in regards to what it ends up being used for and whether or not the ins will cover it at all.

 

That would be a huge issue, too bad it's not covered if it is FDA approved.

 

I checked online and it looks like Medicare covers it, you'd think others would too,

If you would support it without smoking then that would be the first poll option or at least that's how I meant it. First option means that you would support it even if smoking wasn't part of the law...no more no less.

It's broader than that. We support full legalization, but will take whatever part we can get.

  • Author
It's broader than that. We support full legalization, but will take whatever part we can get.

 

I know that some people won't admit it but they have no interest in legalizing medical marijuana without recreational marijuana.

 

I have no issue with medical marijuana but I have zero interest in recreational marijuana.

That would be a huge issue, too bad it's not covered if it is FDA approved.

 

I checked online and it looks like Medicare covers it, you'd think others would too,

 

 

It depends on the indication, there are other drugs that are used for nausea or appetite stimulation that are less expensive or preferred on the formulary. That has a lot to do with it.

I know that some people won't admit it but they have no interest in legalizing medical marijuana without recreational marijuana.

 

I have no issue with medical marijuana but I have zero interest in recreational marijuana.

I personally have zero interest in any marijuana. I just don't think that it should be criminalized.

Ohio had a shot at medical marijuana but too many people saw it as a get rich quick by growing their own scheme and voted it down when they found out the growers would be regulated and only a handful of corporate growers would be allowed.

 

Ohio has since legalized medicinal marijuana.

Only smoked Mj once in my life, in college. Fell dead asleep and ruined a perfectly good Friday night.

 

Have seen tons of cancer patients and mentally ill patients get great relief from it. Many years ago, I worked in Oncology. All the doctors and nurses pretended we did not smell the odor of MJ on the unit. I believe it has great benefits with minimal side effects. I am all for it, no matter how it comes. Hope I never need it.

My only beef with legalization is more drivers under the influence. Be able to deal with that similarly to alcohol and I'm all for legalization. To keep medical marijuana off the shelf is just retarded. I can't help but wonder what role insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies are playing in its delay

 

You hit the nail on the head. If most insurance companies are kept out of the loop of profit, they are going to fight it.

Don't use it in any form since it's illegal. That said, this is 2017, there is no reason for it to be illegal in any form in this day and age.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.