America's Got Talent

Carlos De Antonis was really good, and certainly deserved the praise that he got, but am I the only one who's getting a little burnt out hearing "Nessun Dorma" every season during auditions?

No doubt that it helps display a vocalist's range, but shows like these are starting to annoy me with this song as well as the completely overdone "Hallelujah", which I used to really like until it became so diluted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwgv3MiH3xM

I loved him. I've not watched the show enough to be bored with the song, however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon Rogers - 29 year old really good singer who got 4 yeses from the judges on America's Got Talent tragically died in an automobile accident in mid-June.

After they showed his audition on tonight's program (which was the last of the evening), they showed him calling him Mom on the phone to let her know how well he did, then they posted a brief silent memorial announcing his death just before the show ended.

It really caught me off guard as I had previously heard nothing about this, and also devastated that he did so well, and then had his life cut short so young.

I see from the video that they had prepared the home viewing audience about this before showing his audition, but I actually didn't see it and was caught off guard and shocked with what I saw just as the show was ending.

[video=youtube;tAYrh-x7UKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYrh-x7UKo

Brandon Rogers - 29 year old really good singer who got 4 yeses from the judges on America's Got Talent tragically died in an automobile accident in mid-June.

After they showed his audition on tonight's program (which was the last of the evening), they showed him calling him Mom on the phone to let her know how well he did, then they posted a brief silent memorial announcing his death just before the show ended.

It really caught me off guard as I had previously heard nothing about this, and also devastated that he did so well, and then had his life cut short so young.

I see from the video that they had prepared the home viewing audience about this before showing his audition, but I actually didn't see it and was caught off guard and shocked with what I saw just as the show was ending.

That was really heartbreaking. Watched it last night right before bed and it threw me off.

I had heard a few weeks ago that a contestant died in a car crash. I figured they wouldn't show his audition. He sure could sing.

How about the Subway singer? I enjoyed him quite a bit. All the other crap Mel B. likes and she didn't like him. His roughness is what makes him.

As for the twin singers, I could do without them.

I enjoyed the subway singer as well. The 13 year old girl was very solid also. As crazy as the balancing guy was ( with the wife whose Mother-in-law wasn't aware they were married ), I just don't see that being an act I would pay to see in Vegas!

The comedian whose shtick was folks questioning his sexuality may do well.

In other news...i cannot get enough of Heidi Klum. She just makes me happy !!! :bunny:

9 year old Angelica Hale just got the gold button singing Alicia Key's - "This Girl is on Fire" and I have to say that she really deserved it. This little girl has an incredibly powerful singing voice, and nails her songs with total control and poise, and with a tone much more mature than her years.

This video is of her first audition performance with her singing Andra Day's "Rise Up".

When her performance of "This Girl is on Fire" becomes available I'll post it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TddQEzW9MQM

I enjoyed the subway singer as well. The 13 year old girl was very solid also. As crazy as the balancing guy was ( with the wife whose Mother-in-law wasn't aware they were married ), I just don't see that being an act I would pay to see in Vegas!

The comedian whose shtick was folks questioning his sexuality may do well.

In other news...i cannot get enough of Heidi Klum. She just makes me happy !!! :bunny:

I feel the same way about Heidi.

Love her personality and being beautiful doesn't hurt either!!!

9 year old Angelica Hale just got the gold button singing Alicia Key's - "This Girl is on Fire" and I have to say that she really deserved it. This little girl has an incredibly powerful singing voice, and nails her songs with total control and poise, and with a tone much more mature than her years.

This video is of her first audition performance with her singing Andra Day's "Rise Up".

When her performance of "This Girl is on Fire" becomes available I'll post it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TddQEzW9MQM

She is very impressive. Big fan of her.

The South Korean dance team is very good. Their synchronicity is phenomenal!

I think they may be the best dance group I've ever seen.