America's Got Talent

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm holding myself to the following standard regarding this show:

Who would i willingly spend $$$ to see on stage? The only act meeting that mindset last night for me was the comedian. Looking forward to seeing how the rest plays out.

PS - I like the asian dance team. Just don't forsee myself watching them beyond 5-10 mins and enjoying it.

Not that he's the greatest thing going, but if I had found out that 1 of these 12 acts from last night was putting on a free show at Fountain Square for example, probably the one I'd be most motivated to get over there to see would be the silliness of Puddles The Clown. Second to that might be the ridiculousness of the Trump guy, and then thirdly would probably be the amazing vocals of the 9 year old girl singer.

With that said, both Puddles' and Trump's schtick would likely soon grow old with me, while my respect for the 9 year old girl singer would endlessly hold true.

The rest of them, though interesting to various degrees, would likely have me on the fence thinking that I could take it or leave it.

Level of interest 4-12 for me would probably go in this order...

4. Ventriloquist

5. Boy/Girl kid dancers

6. Comedian

7. Male singer

8. Asian dancers

9. Acrobat with the hair

10. Soldier singers

11. Female singer

12. Brother/Sister skaters

I can't handle the dude who swings his sister around.

Beyond the fact that I fear her head is going to smash against the ground, their whole dynamic just creeps me out.

I have watched these two perform in Vegas for years. She never hits her head.

"Absinthe"

They were also on the England version and finished like 4th.

Weird they are on here now. Simon special invited them to spice up the show

I would rather watch a mime try to get out of his box for 8 hours straight than watch a ventriloquist for 5 minutes.

:lol2:

I was fortunate enough to see Marcel Marceau in Paris, and then meet him in Cincy years after. He was a man of few words and considered one of the greatest mimes of all time. I would pay $$$ to watch a mime of his stature for an hour!

Jeff Dunham has done well with the ventri' schtick...it would be great to see him reach out and assist the young up and comer down the road!

Jeff Dunham has done well with the ventri' schtick...it would be great to see him reach out and assist the young up and comer down the road!

Off topic, but he's phenomenal live. Have seen him twice. Got 1st row tickets to his show at NKU last summer for my wife's birthday. He's hilarious.