Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bill Maher and Ice Cube Set to Face Off

Featured Replies

Pretty much what I expect. I'd rather see Ice Cube vs Jason Whitlock than Ice Cube vs Bill Maher.

 

That would be some great television!

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be some great television!

 

You ain't lying. :lol2: :lol2:

It's been all over the place. I'm amazed it took this long for it to reach BGP. I watched it live as I record his show every week. My wife and I were both shocked. I replayed it 2-3 times and then switched the channel. My father, my sister and myself had a group text about it as my sister and I were uncomfortable with his use of the word and how flippant he was in using it. The one thing that bothered me the most was seeing white liberals now being the ones saying, "get over it, it was a joke, quit being so offended by everything, if a black comedian said it no one would care....."

 

My dad then said this about Bill Maher and how we need to handle it going forward:

 

 

"I agree with you about the white liberals, but to build a successful movement and get things done, sometimes you have to work with people who you wouldn't necessarily bring into your home or hang out with. We can't get sidetracked by fusses and disagreements. We have to focus on the big picture. We'll need these people in next year's elections and again in 2020."

 

 

Once again, pops is right.

 

Pops sounds like a wise man.

Stupid, stupid insensitive comment by Maher.

 

First I have heard of this (watched it on the link above and saw his apologies). I find Bill Maher completely unwatchable (just another example here that shows why) and don't follow social media the way a lot of you do.

 

With all that said and with my distaste with Maher...I actually believe, unlike Kathy Griffin, Maher is probably actually sorry he made the comment and his apology is at least somewhat heartfelt. Griffin planned/scripted her stunt and knew she would get backlash for it but relished it...bad publicity is better than no publicity kind of thing. Maher was just "off the cuff" (I think) and trying to be funny (which he usually isn't anyway) and I believe he probably regretted the comment as soon as he made it. Cube will scold him...Maher will sit there and take it...and they will move on.

 

 

I think it will play out much like this.

Pops sounds like a wise man.

 

Not to brag but yeah he is. Smartest and most wise human being that I know. Always been my hero.

It's been all over the place. I'm amazed it took this long for it to reach BGP. I watched it live as I record his show every week. My wife and I were both shocked. I replayed it 2-3 times and then switched the channel. My father, my sister and myself had a group text about it as my sister and I were uncomfortable with his use of the word and how flippant he was in using it. The one thing that bothered me the most was seeing white liberals now being the ones saying, "get over it, it was a joke, quit being so offended by everything, if a black comedian said it no one would care....."

 

My dad then said this about Bill Maher and how we need to handle it going forward:

 

 

"I agree with you about the white liberals, but to build a successful movement and get things done, sometimes you have to work with people who you wouldn't necessarily bring into your home or hang out with. We can't get sidetracked by fusses and disagreements. We have to focus on the big picture. We'll need these people in next year's elections and again in 2020."

 

 

Once again, pops is right.

 

I disagree. Sleeping in the same political bed as those who would favor the status quo for Urban Black America by feeding the fuel of government dependence is a mistake. Its conservatives that want to bring jobs and improved education opportunity to the inner city. Do we have racists in our mist? Absolutely, but Democrats have been in control of Urban America for 70 years now. What does Urban Black America have to show for it?

I disagree. Sleeping in the same political bed as those who would favor the status quo for Urban Black America by feeding the fuel of government dependence is a mistake. Its conservatives that want to bring jobs and improved education opportunity to the inner city. Do we have racists in our mist? Absolutely, but Democrats have been in control of Urban America for 70 years now. What does Urban Black America have to show for it?

 

What makes you think urban Black America is the issue my father is concerned about?

What makes you think urban Black America is the issue my father is concerned about?

 

Your Fathers's statement is pretty broad and subject to interpretation.

Your Fathers's statement is pretty broad and subject to interpretation.

 

Seemed pretty clear he was speaking on the liberal agenda to me.

Your Fathers's statement is pretty broad and subject to interpretation.

 

Delete

Seemed pretty clear he was speaking on the liberal agenda to me.

 

Seemed as though he was speaking that "we" whoever the we he is referring to needs "white liberals" in the 2020 election. Please interpret who the "we" he is referring to.

Seemed pretty clear he was speaking on the liberal agenda to me.

 

And keeping Urban Black America dependent upon public support isn't a BIG part of the liberal agenda?

And keeping Urban Black America dependent upon public support isn't a BIG part of the liberal agenda?

 

You know, living here in Southside Virginia, I see a lot more of White America dependent upon public support than any other ethnicity. Guess it's a matter of what we choose to see.

You know, living here in Southside Virginia, I see a lot more of White America dependent upon public support than any other ethnicity. Guess it's a matter of what we choose to see.

 

No argument here. But the conservative agenda of improved education and employment opportunity goes a lot further towards a solution than the status quo liberal agenda.

No argument here. But the conservative agenda of improved education and employment opportunity goes a lot further towards a solution than the status quo liberal agenda.

 

If that's how you see it then fine. I'm not sure about the improved education part when I hear Mrs. Devos but she does seem to champion support for a chartered few. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.