Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Simms?

Featured Replies

Just hope he's ok,... certainly has my respect after today.

As if the Bucanneers didn't already have it bad enough. The amazing thing is the number of QB's they've had come through there in the past few years, and now they're left with a rookie out of Toledo as a starter, or the absolutely terrible Tim Rattay.

The only good news is they have their bye week next week, so that gives them 2 weeks to get either Gradkowski or Rattay ready. As a fan, I say go with Gradkowski and prepare him to take over the team for good if Chris does not come back. Tim Rattay is not the future of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I'll bet Shawn King's locker is still empty. Or Steve Deberg's...
Last time I saw Shawn King, he could not fit into the locker room much less get to his locker.

 

Such are the breaks....

Jeff George is still available. Doug Williams may also come back. Trent Dilfer also. Any of those three would have a higher passer rating than Rattay.

Doug is the Personnel Executive for the Bucs so who knows. :D

This happened to Lawrence Co's QB a few years back (he now plays a C-ville). He also went back in and played. They said if it had been a couple of minutes later getting to the hospital that he would have died.

I'll give Simms some credit. He was really in the dog house and probably would have been benched if Tampa had a backup. He obviously came back in the game really hurt! They said he was throwing up blood etc before he came out and threw a TD.

I hope he is OK and all reports are that he will be.

The Bucs are getting ready to pay the price for not getting a backup! The Chargers were smart when they realized that they were in the same mess so they got Volek.

Maybe Chris Redmon will get a look. Isn't Jay Gruden a QB coach there? Shane Boyd too.

When I played high school basketball, one of our best players ruptured her spleen during soccer season. She was the goalie and got kneed during the regional championship game. She finished the game, and they ended up winning. They got about halfway through the bus ride home before realizing she needed to go to the hospital. They said she was probably close to dying too. Anyway, her recovery took a really long time. She never made it back to play b-ball that season. Apparently, it takes a long time to your strength back after such an injury.

Maybe Chris Redmon will get a look. Isn't Jay Gruden a QB coach there? Shane Boyd too.
Jay is an Offensive Assistant Coach. Paul Hackett is the Quarterbacks Coach.

 

Luke McCown is Jon's boy, but he's still 3 to 4 weeks away from being able to go. Whoever they bring in will probably get dropped as soon as Luke is ready, unless they can really impress Chucky.

Shaun King worked out today...

  • Author

I hear Tim Couch may be available …

I cant believe they would let him continue to play if they knew this. The spleen hemorages very easy.

I cant believe they would let him continue to play if they knew this. The spleen hemorages very easy.
They didn't know. The symptoms are the same as severe cramping, which they treated. They didn't know until after the game when he went to take a leak and got a bowl full of blood. I think every doctor in Tampa has been on the radio explaining this.
I hear Tim Couch may be available …
Yeah Baby! :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

(Actually, if he were 100%, I think Gruden would already have him. He fits into Chucky's mold.);)

Shaun King worked out today...

 

"I know a lot of guys in that locker room, and I'm in shape and ready to go," King said. "I believe I can help this team out. I just need a chance."

 

He got it Tuesday, along with former Steelers quarterback Tommy Maddox, former Jets QB Kliff Kingsbury and ex-49er Cody Pickett. All four worked out for the Bucs, who also are considering signing former Saints quarterback Todd Bouman and Stefan LeFors, a Louisville product.

 

QB Isn't The Only Problem Area

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.