Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Issues In Downtown Pikeville This Weekend

Featured Replies

Also heard FBI and Dept. of Homeland security may be involved as well as other state agencies.

 

Maybe find you a spot to chill in EC til the storm passes.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Latest update as around 2:30pm here on Friday afternoon....

 

 

Apparently many of the businesses in downtown Pikeville have closed early, and the UPIKE campus is currently on lock down. I have heard reports that numerous white vans are showing up off and dropping people off in the downtown area. These people are dressed in all black military attire and black ray bans so not sure if this is ANTIFA or the neo Nazi group.

 

 

I have kind of laughed it off all day with co workers but this is starting to sound more serious. I am working in Belfry which is about 20 minutes away, and I've heard that town is basically getting locked down. I have my concerns about going home as I live in the downtown area. I work in a clinic in Belfry, our clinic in Pikeville closed at 2 o clock because of all of this. Apparently many significant businesses have closed their doors early due to this.

 

Bizarre - this is frightening that that is happening in KY…. yikes.

 

@Hangman @dolamite – Keep us posted and stay safe!

Maybe find you a spot to chill in EC til the storm passes.

 

I know, me and my girlfriend thought about staying with the parents this weekend but I'm leaning towards barricading myself in my apartment with artillery close by. :D

I know, me and my girlfriend thought about staying with the parents this weekend but I'm leaning towards barricading myself in my apartment with artillery close by. :D

 

That's what we did during the St. Pete riots. Let the yahoo's be outside.

Everything's quiet tonight but you can feel something in the air.

 

Not sure if it will be much, but I haven't seen Pikeville this dead on a Friday night in a long time. A majority of the locals are keeping their distance as no one has really had to experience anything like this before.

One thing I would like to know... how do you consider yourself part of the solution and "us guys" part of the problem?

 

You had to ask....:lol2:

Quick asnswer is you don't want to talk about racism. You want to look for someone to blame for racism. Just waiting for " you guys " to go ahead and blame The President. I guess he was racist when he tripled the funding for the HBCU's over our last President. There is no Boogeyman who makes people racist. I'm teaching my kids that the system is not rigged against them, there are rules and laws. They do not need special exceptions because they are more than capable as an intelligent human being to compete and achieve anything they are willing to bust their behinds for. THEY ARE NOT VICTIMS. No-one determines their self worth except themselves. Not everyone is going to like you and it's not always because of race. I do not pre judge anyone and my kids are taught not too either. Give a fool the opportunity to show his foolishness. How am I part of the solution? It's called self responsibility, I teach mine they will teach theirs. We are not blaming an entire country, administration, state, group for racism. " You guys" want to blame whos at fault. The individual is, that's who. The racist political game that you guys want to play doesn't solve a thing. In fact it pushes people away who aren't on the agenda and furthers the divide. This is the country with the best opportunity and treatment of it's citizens in the world. We focus on what we have in common, not our differences. All people can be my friend, but not all people will. No boogeyman just a fact of life.

 

Quick question....is there any proof that Trump has given funding to the HBCUs yet because according to the president of Morehouse University as of early March they haven't received a dime. I'll also add that Obama doubled the amount of money given to HBCUs while he was in office so the photo op that Trump took with the HBCU presidents centered around them being excited and hopeful that Trump would do even more since that is what he was saying he would do. They knew how much Obama had given them so I imagine they were really excited when Trump said he was going to do more for them than what Obama did. If there is something saying that he has given them the money he said he was going to give them then that is awesome. I'd be very proud of Trump to see him follow through on his word to support HBCUs. As of March it was all talk though. Maybe Trump actually found out how much Obama really did give the HBCUs.

 

 

Morehouse College President Talks About HBCU Meeting With Trump : NPR

 

 

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

any update ? Sounds like some bizarre dream , more like a nightmare . Organized public hate groups sounds like something from the 50's .

any update ? Sounds like some bizarre dream , more like a nightmare . Organized public hate groups sounds like something from the 50's .

 

That's what happens when you act like the Civil Rights Act "fixed" all our problems when it comes to race issues. The struggle continues.

Quick question....is there any proof that Trump has given funding to the HBCUs yet because according to the president of Morehouse University as of early March they haven't received a dime. I'll also add that Obama doubled the amount of money given to HBCUs while he was in office so the photo op that Trump took with the HBCU presidents centered around them being excited and hopeful that Trump would do even more since that is what he was saying he would do. They knew how much Obama had given them so I imagine they were really excited when Trump said he was going to do more for them than what Obama did. If there is something saying that he has given them the money he said he was going to give them then that is awesome. I'd be very proud of Trump to see him follow through on his word to support HBCUs. As of March it was all talk though. Maybe Trump actually found out how much Obama really did give the HBCUs.

 

 

Morehouse College President Talks About HBCU Meeting With Trump : NPR

 

 

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

The money is in the budget, tell your Dem friends in congress to pass the budget instead of holding onto the money for political posturing.

That article was a joke, not one fact, not one. Did you even read past the outlandish headline? One guy, ONE GUY, being lead on questions that he didn't even answer. Concerns, he has concerns because of President Trumps campaign. If that's the type of garbage your basing your opinions on it's clear why you're wrong so much. Great depth in that tiolet paper of an article. Below same subject and is an article that wasn't designed from the get go to ne a smear job. If the black community doesn't trust President Trump then denounce all federal aide and give back the money. Past political posturing it's all talking points and party line crap.

 

Donald Trump signs order supporting historically black colleges - Washington Times

Edited by Fear the Nation

The money is in the budget, tell your Dem friends in congress to pass the budget instead of holding onto the money for political posturing.

That article was a joke, not one fact, not one. Did you even read past the outlandish headline? One guy, ONE GUY, being lead on questions that he didn't even answer. Concerns, he has concerns because of President Trumps campaign. If that's the type of garbage your basing your opinions on it's clear why you're wrong so much. Great depth in that tiolet paper of an article. Below same subject and is an article that wasn't designed from the get go to ne a smear job. If the black community doesn't trust President Trump then denounce all federal aide and give back the money. Past political posturing it's all talking points and party line crap.

 

Donald Trump signs order supporting historically black colleges - Washington Times

 

 

:lol2:

 

So now the words of a person who is in the picture that was taken at the Oval Office don't count? That's rich. :lol2: :lol2:

 

 

And your article says the exact same thing that the article that I posted said. The difference is my article had the perspective of one of the presidents of the HBCUs Trump is claiming to help. Your article has the Trump perspective in which no amount of money has been mentioned and all his order did was move HBCUs from being overseen by the Department of Education to now being overseen by the White House. What exactly is he doing for HBCUs other than providing catchy talking points? As the president of Morehouse said, "that meeting was getting the door open for discussion and the hope is that Trump follows through with what he has said."

 

You talk about partisan politics and all I did was ask a question before you got all sensitive and starting taking weak personal jab. :lol2: :lol2: Doesn't matter to me if the divide stays as deep as it is. Just remember that next time you want to blame "us guys" for the divide you take a deep look at things that have been typed from your fingers and ask yourself what you have done to close the divide.

:lol2:

 

So now the words of a person who is in the picture that was taken at the Oval Office don't count? That's rich. :lol2: :lol2:

 

 

And your article says the exact same thing that the article that I posted said. The difference is my article had the perspective of one of the presidents of the HBCUs Trump is claiming to help. Your article has the Trump perspective in which no amount of money has been mentioned and all his order did was move HBCUs from being overseen by the Department of Education to now being overseen by the White House. What exactly is he doing for HBCUs other than providing catchy talking points? As the president of Morehouse said, "that meeting was getting the door open for discussion and the hope is that Trump follows through with what he has said."

 

You talk about partisan politics and all I did was ask a question before you got all sensitive and starting taking weak personal jab. :lol2: :lol2: Doesn't matter to me if the divide stays as deep as it is. Just remember that next time you want to blame "us guys" for the divide you take a deep look at things that have been typed from your fingers and ask yourself what you have done to close the divide.

 

I don't buy in to speculation, fear mongering and what ifs that have never happened. If you can't tell the difference between the two articles then your mind is so one sided that you will never seek common ground on many subjects. I'm not going to list all the things ive done in my life with people who are not of my race, it would take all day. Im not going to condescend to someone in order to close the divide, the left does that. I give it staight to you as an equall. That's how I do. What you do with it is up to you. I've got no agenda but honesty behind my words. You do not.

I don't buy in to speculation, fear mongering and what ifs that have never happened. If you can't tell the difference between the two articles then your mind is so one sided that you will never seek common ground on many subjects.

 

I can tell the difference in the articles. They say the same thing. Seeking common ground is my weakness and one of the reasons I still make posts on racial and political issues. You totally disavowing my article while I acknowledge your article and the similarities between the two articles is YOU not seeking common ground.

 

I mean if you don't want to listen to the words of a person who was there at the Oval Office then I don't know what to tell you.

 

Now fire off your last shot on this issue so we can get back to the topic of this thread.

Edited by PurplePride92

I can tell the difference in the articles. They say the same thing. Seeking common ground is my weakness and one of the reasons I still make posts on racial and political issues. You totally disavowing my article while I acknowledge your article and the similarities between the two article is YOU not seeking common ground.

 

I mean if you don't want to listen to the words of a person who was there at the Oval Office then I don't know what to tell you.

 

Now fire off your last shot on this issue so we can get back to the topic of this thread.

 

I'm good, Iive your life.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.