Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Issues In Downtown Pikeville This Weekend

Featured Replies

Rally isn't supposed to start until 2:00, so from my knowledge all is quiet so far. I don't live directly in Pikeville, I'm around 20 miles south. Information I get today will be at least second hand, so I'll be hesitant to report anything I haven't confirmed.

 

We're all hoping for a bunch of nothing.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do have a buzzfeed article now, I will have to find it. The courier journal also done a good write up of the situation.

 

 

Apparently 3 or 4 confirmed groups tomorrow, more if you separate he groups who's with the TWP.

 

But so far we have ....

 

TWP/National Socialist Movement

 

ANTIFA

 

Anti-Racist Action

 

And other smaller groups with different agendas.

 

 

 

This has the recipe to be bad as obviously this is a powder keg ready to explode in our small community. Sad thing is none of them were invited and this area was targeted due to its high percentage of Trump voters.

 

Apparently ANTIFA's big thing is fighting trump supporters or anybody who doesn't agree with their views so should be interesting if anything.

 

 

 

Here's the CJ article..

 

Pikeville braces for white-power rally; university tells students to leave for the weekend

So far everything's quiet, 2 o clock is approaching though.

So far it's just been a shouting match, some white supremacist groups present but the main organizers haven't even shown up yet.

 

About 200+ on the anti fascist side and most marched into town in formation.

 

There's also a 3%er group here along with "guardians of the oath" and they're just kind of doing their own thing right now.

The TWP group has finally shown up in number, around 100 or so, around 150 counting the other white supremacy groups.

Some individuals have utilized the open carry law. Some TWP members have shotguns and I saw at least two AK's.

 

Some of the anti fascists are wearing bullet proof vests.

I went over to Whitesburg and passed what looked to be the TWP caravan on the way towards Pikeville. Guys standing in truck beds giving the nazi salute... Sight to see.

I went over to Whitesburg and passed what looked to be the TWP caravan on the way towards Pikeville. Guys standing in truck beds giving the nazi salute... Sight to see.

 

Ugly, it's a free country but it can be plain ugly.

Ugly, it's a free country but it can be plain ugly.

 

Agreed on both counts.

Things seem to be wrapping up peacefully.

From what I've seen and heard, there were several times when things could've taken a turn for the worse but the police were quickly able to intervene. Pikeville PD, KSP, and the Pike County Sheriff deserve a ton of credit for their performance today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.