Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Issues In Downtown Pikeville This Weekend

Featured Replies

@Fear the Nation I want to respond to your post by breaking it down, but I'm only on my phone so I'll wait till I get home this evening. I agree with some of what you said and disagree with some other stuff.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Fear the Nation I want to respond to your post by breaking it down, but I'm only on my phone so I'll wait till I get home this evening. I agree with some of what you said and disagree with some other stuff.

 

Fair enough.

Both sides are starting to arrive. Courthouse and many businesses in downtown have closed their doors and sending staff home.

 

I can't stress enough how this isn't the type of thing that happens in Pikeville. People have no idea what to expect or how to respond.

Any clue why the UPIKE Pres would encourage students to "go visit someone in Lexington, Kentucky; Charleston, West Virginia; or Whitestown, Indiana?" Seems like an odd selection of cities. For example, Whitestown, IN is 345 miles and 5 hrs. & 21 minutes from Pikeville.

 

That is odd....

Latest update as around 2:30pm here on Friday afternoon....

 

 

Apparently many of the businesses in downtown Pikeville have closed early, and the UPIKE campus is currently on lock down. I have heard reports that numerous white vans are showing up off and dropping people off in the downtown area. These people are dressed in all black military attire and black ray bans so not sure if this is ANTIFA or the neo Nazi group.

 

 

I have kind of laughed it off all day with co workers but this is starting to sound more serious. I am working in Belfry which is about 20 minutes away, and I've heard that town is basically getting locked down. I have my concerns about going home as I live in the downtown area. I work in a clinic in Belfry, our clinic in Pikeville closed at 2 o clock because of all of this. Apparently many significant businesses have closed their doors early due to this.

Everyone stay safe out there.

  • Author

Unbelievable. Hope this all fizzles out.

Why would they not call in the National Guard?

Does pikeville have the police force to deal with something like this ?

Does pikeville have the police force to deal with something like this ?

 

I'm thinking no they don't. If it gets out of hand this could be bad.

Does pikeville have the police force to deal with something like this ?

 

Not at all. They're calling in reinforcements from many neighboring communities.

Not at all. They're calling in reinforcements from many neighboring communities.

 

Also heard FBI and Dept. of Homeland security may be involved as well as other state agencies.

Website says they have 21 officers..they will seriously be outnumbered, they really need the national guard.

Does pikeville have the police force to deal with something like this ?

 

I seriously doubt it unless they get assistance from other nearby counties. Even at that most of the counties around Pike County are rural and likely have much less officers than Pike County. You would likely have to go all the way to Lexington or Ashland to find a police department that even has enough staff to be able to offer Pikeville assistance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.