Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 37 Simon Kenton 34 3 OTs

Featured Replies

37-34 Final.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Very poor decision by Coach Marksberry that let DHHS get back into the game.

 

4th down for SK on the Dixie side of the 50 with 3 minutes left in the 4th qtr in a half where Dixie's offense has done absolutely nothing. Instead of punting and making them go 70 to 80 yards in 3 minutes, he went for it and was stuffed. It absolutely gave Dixie new life. A few plays later, Dixie ties it up.

 

Let me say that I know about 10% of what Coach Marksberry knows so I'm not claiming to be smarter. This was a poor decision that IMO cost them the game.

Very poor decision by Coach Marksberry that let DHHS get back into the game.

 

4th down for SK on the Dixie side of the 50 with 3 minutes left in the 4th qtr in a half where Dixie's offense has done absolutely nothing. Instead of punting and making them go 70 to 80 yards in 3 minutes, he went for it and was stuffed. It absolutely gave Dixie new life. A few plays later, Dixie ties it up.

 

Let me say that I know about 10% of what Coach Marksberry knows so I'm not claiming to be smarter. This was a poor decision that IMO cost them the game.

That's one of those "Hero or Zero" calls...he makes it..he's a hero....miss it...the zero....Gotta give him gutsy no matter what though....

  • Author
That's one of those "Hero or Zero" calls...he makes it..he's a hero....miss it...the zero....Gotta give him gutsy no matter what though....

 

He didn't need to be a hero. His D was containing Dixie and forcing Dixie to make plays - which they failed to do.

Did you have to pay to get in today?

  • Author
Did you have to pay to get in today?

 

No.

  • Author

BTW, SK's Nathan Ponzer made one of the better catches you'll see in high school. He laid out in the end zone and made a one-handed catch for a TD. Beautiful catch.

BTW, SK's Nathan Ponzer made one of the better catches you'll see in high school. He laid out in the end zone and made a one-handed catch for a TD. Beautiful catch.

 

 

I really dislike Dixie but anyway, best catch I've ever seen anywhere. All Nate Ponzer does is catch touchdowns... long game changing touchdowns. Chad also had a very clutch fourth and long grab along the sideline. Elbert had several clutch plays as well.

 

About the play call, I loved it.The punter was consistently punting 15-20 yards the whole game and you have to be gutsy; they just didn't execute. If they got a first down its game over.

 

Overall that was the best game I've seen on any level. My favorite part of the game was immediately after when Tommy Gibson was broke down and crying all of his former teammates came and bought him up. I really wish I had a camera right then.

He didn't need to be a hero. His D was containing Dixie and forcing Dixie to make plays - which they failed to do.
That was one heck of a game.Both teams left everything on the field.I do beleave that they should have punted on 4th down,but Benson made a heck of a play stuffing Bishop.IMO Benson is one of the best linebakers in Nothern Kentucky.:thumb:
He didn't need to be a hero. His D was containing Dixie and forcing Dixie to make plays - which they failed to do.

 

:thumb: I see your point, but if their defense ahd been containing Dixie the whole half, he probably had faith in his defense to stop them then if they didn't get it. So that might have been what made him go for the win. I know I usually like it when coaches go for the win, but if you dont get it then you got to be prepared to take all the stuff you have to deal with after the game. As someone said you will either be a hero or a zero in that situation...

:thumb: I see your point, but if their defense ahd been containing Dixie the whole half, he probably had faith in his defense to stop them then if they didn't get it. So that might have been what made him go for the win. I know I usually like it when coaches go for the win, but if you dont get it then you got to be prepared to take all the stuff you have to deal with after the game. As someone said you will either be a hero or a zero in that situation...

 

I agree, if Dixie had done nothing on offense, then he had no reason to believe even after a failed fourth down that they would drive for the win. If they get the first, then the game is over. Dixie still might have gone down the field if they punted it. I like the call.

  • Author
:thumb: I see your point, but if their defense ahd been containing Dixie the whole half, he probably had faith in his defense to stop them then if they didn't get it. .

 

Hey, we all have different "styles."

  • Author

BTW, hats off to the Dixie players. They must love football and love their school in order to put with that yahoo defensive coordinator they have. That guy is Mr. Negative. Nothing pleases him. There are times to be a butt-kicker and there are times to pump up your team. He's 100% negative.

 

In less than 1 minute, he chewed out Moloney for letting a punt roll(right move on Moloney's part) and then yelled up at his OWN timekeeper for not letting the last .2 run off the clock.

 

Isn't this the guy that caused at least one of their former coaches to leave?

 

Hats off to the boys for still playing despite him and his antics.

What happened in the OT's? Sounds like a great game. Very big win for Dixie in a game they needed to win at home.

  • Author
What happened in the OT's? Sounds like a great game. Very big win for Dixie in a game they needed to win at home.

 

Each team scored a TD in the first. Each scored a FG in the 2nd. SK scored a FG in the 3rd . Dixie scored on a pass on their first play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.