Physicality or speed

kypride

Which is more important to win a championship in KY hs football?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more important to win a championship in KY hs football?

• Physical toughness
    • Speed
    • Not winning the gold without both.

I think you have to have a little of both. You can be a physical team but your speed has to be in at least ball park of an opponent or vice versa, can be extremely fast but if you won't block or tackle anybody it probably won't matter much.

Depends on what the weakness of the team your playing. If they have the Speed and "toughness" then your screwed unless you find a weakness of theirs. They have those attributes, but may not be in shape or very smart football players.

I always chuckled when big ol' smash mouth programs (Ryle in the 2006 state championship game jumps to mind) predicted that they would show that finesse Trinity team what real football was. I think what they and most people now realize is that successful programs have both. Trinity has and does rely on outstanding "skill" players and arguably Trinity's best team, the 2011 "national championship" team had them in abundance but what made that team special was an outstanding O-Line that imposed their will on people.

I always chuckled when big ol' smash mouth programs (Ryle in the 2006 state championship game jumps to mind) predicted that they would show that finesse Trinity team what real football was. I think what they and most people now realize is that successful programs have both. Trinity has and does rely on outstanding "skill" players and arguably Trinity's best team, the 2011 "national championship" team had them in abundance but what made that team special was an outstanding O-Line that imposed their will on people.

I had never seen a KY O-Line push around the big boys from Ohio like that group did.

I had never seen a KY O-Line push around the big boys from Ohio like that group did.

I was lucky enough to be on the sideline for the 2011 championship game. Scott County took the opening kickoff and ran thei wing-t to perfection and scored in like 3 plays. Trinity's QB walked up to his line as they took the field and said it's out turn. Game over.