Jemarl Baker commits to Kentucky

RoyalWildcat

Okay gametime, give us your appraisal.

In you I trust. :thumb:

Don't get to see the west coast teams as much, so he's not in my wheelhouse. Only saw his team play once and I was scouting the opponent. Do remember him having a nice stroke from deep but that's about it...

This kid can flat out shoot it, he knocks down his 3's, I know Cal is interested in Cameron Johnson whose transferring from Pittsburgh who can also shoot the 3 well, but I'm thinking Baker is the shooter we needed, he can flat out knock the 3 down, I'm unsure about the rest of his game tho.

This kid can flat out shoot it, he knocks down his 3's, I know Cal is interested in Cameron Johnson whose transferring from Pittsburgh who can also shoot the 3 well, but I'm thinking Baker is the shooter we needed, he can flat out knock the 3 down, I'm unsure about the rest of his game tho.

If Calipari does like he has in the past it won't matter if he can fill it up from deep if he can't guard a fence post, it will affect his minutes. It did with Mulder.

So I always wonder about the other aspects of a recruit's game.

If Calipari does like he has in the past it won't matter if he can fill it up from deep if he can't guard a fence post, it will affect his minutes. It did with Mulder.

So I always wonder about the other aspects of a recruit's game.

I've seen his mixtape and he seems to have all the capabilities to be good defensively, but then he would also have to want to be good in that area. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

So have a lot of players that weren't good at defense. Just look at Monk last year.

Did you not read my post? I specifically said "he has all the capabilities to be good defensively, but he would also have to want to be good defensively. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

Sheesh.0

Did you not read my post? I specifically said "he has all the capabilities to be good defensively, but he would also have to want to be good defensively. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

Sheesh.0

Which is a pointless comment to make because any guard or small forward that Cal recruits every year has the athleticism and capabilities to play defense.

Watching his mixtape isn't going to show anything about his defensive ability.

Which is a pointless comment to make because any guard or small forward that Cal recruits every year has the athleticism and capabilities to play defense.

Watching his mixtape isn't going to show anything about his defensive ability.

Which is exactly what I was trying to get across