Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Isaac Humphries going pro?

Featured Replies

Seems like a great kid but he's never going to progress into an NBA player. Can't blame him one bit if he heads back home to play for dollars. Honestly it's what I would do if I were in his shoes.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kentucky is setting up for a really bad problem...they aren't going to have any experience or leadership.

 

You may be right, but that certainly isn't due to Humphries (if he does) leaving.

You may be right, but that certainly isn't due to Humphries (if he does) leaving.

 

Don't underestimate the leadership of guys who have been around for 2-3 years. There is a lot to learn for freshmen, regardless of talent.

Don't underestimate the leadership of guys who have been around for 2-3 years. There is a lot to learn for freshmen, regardless of talent.

 

In terms of off the court leadership I agree, as far as on the court leadership I still don't think Humphries has that and I'm not even sure it's in him. Whatever he decided to do I wish him the best though, he seems like a great kid.

Don't underestimate the leadership of guys who have been around for 2-3 years. There is a lot to learn for freshmen, regardless of talent.

 

Cal just needs the next Anthony Davis to walk thru the door.

Hump caught onto the fact that's he's plan C, who will hopefully, be a final product his senior year and might get 15 mins a game then.

 

I always likened his ceiling to Josh Harrelson. Of course if Orrin had stayed would Josh have had the opportunity to improve?

Cal just needs the next Anthony Davis to walk thru the door.

 

Doesn't everyone? :thumb:

Hump caught onto the fact that's he's plan C, who will hopefully, be a final product his senior year and might get 15 mins a game then.

 

If he sticks around, he'll have plenty of opportunities to play professional basketball almost anywhere in the world, including the NBA.

 

Even Josh Harrellson made $1.7 million in the NBA over 3 seasons, and he continues to earn a nice paycheck playing overseas in Japan.

Here's the reality.

 

Folks want Bam and Monk and Fox to stay, but wish Humphries all the best in his future endeavors.

 

I have to disagree.

 

I want them all to stay, and I wish them all well in whatever choice they make.

I don't understand the people who say that Humphries has no chance to make the NBA if he stays 4 years.

 

This guy just turned 19 years old. He's a true 7 footer, heck he might not be done growing yet. His body will transform so much over the next two years. He's a kid. He could easily add another 30 lbs.

 

He doesn't have bad feet, and he's got a decent shot.

 

I'm not saying he will make the NBA, but he would definitely have a shot as he grows and develops.

He isn't good enough now to make it in the NBA and still wouldn't be good enough if he played another 6 years of college. He needs to face it; he is not good enough period! This kid is very very delusional!!!!

Every college underclassmen should declare for the draft under the new rules.
You can only do that once (go in, no agent, pull out) one time between your FROSH and SOPH years. So if you don't do it as a FROSH, you have zero to lose by declaring as a SOPH, getting a work-up from the league, and then going back. Valuable info -- look at the difference in Bluiett this year after getting some very tough criticism of his body last year by NBA folks.
He isn't good enough now to make it in the NBA and still wouldn't be good enough if he played another 6 years of college. He needs to face it; he is not good enough period! This kid is very very delusional!!!!

 

I'm not seeing anything delusional about getting paid good money to play professional basketball....:idunno:

I'm not seeing anything delusional about getting paid good money to play professional basketball....:idunno:

 

Well it ain't happening in the NBA, so it better be overseas then.

Well it ain't happening in the NBA, so it better be overseas then.

 

Well yeah....Kid's Australian, I'm sure he won't have any gripes about making a couple hundred G's a year playing very close to home.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.