Former BGPer RebelK has lost her battle

It breaks my heart to tell you all that one of BGP's finest has succumbed to her illness and passed away today. RebelK was a wonderful friend to many and a tremendous Boyle County fan.

I was introduced to her by Birdsfan when she was up this way for a visit years ago and her and I were great friends from that moment on. She had a beautiful way about her that just made you feel like family, made you feel loved. She loved to look at my grandchildren's pictures on Facebook and would make wonderful comments about them like they were her own family. She was one of those rare beauties that made you feel so comfortable whether you were just talking to her on the phone or if you were out with her in public. She was, by definition, a real friend.

She had a wonderful outlook on life, never complained to me about her illness or her pain. She was so strong in her faith, even when she'd been dealt serious setbacks in her fight. She was, and forever will be loved and missed by me and my family. Her kindness and wonderful spirit and delightful sense of humor is a true and shining example of what I hope I can one day achieve.

I'm sorry that I'm not very adept at writing, God knows she deserves better than what I can deliver, but I wanted to share a little of my feelings today. My heart is broken and my mind aches knowing I will never see her or talk with her again.

RebelK, I love you and I miss you. God bless.

RTS saw your post on facebook. Very sad day. Please give Pete and the family my condolences. RebelK say hi to Alabama Larry, Birdsfan, and the rest of the gang, you will be missed.

You got it, my friend. The fact I know she's with Birdsfan and Alabama Larry is what helps me get through this a little easier.

I am heartbroken. We have lost so.many people on here. ..She could make me laugh even when I did not think I could...I did not know about her illness...was just trying to get a hold of her on the 13th....also, Rockmom...was trying to find a way to get a hold of you also.....anyway, Mike and I loved Kathy...I think everyone did.