Mass Shooting at a Cincinnati Club

Science Friction

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been several prior shootings at this club in the last couple years. It needs to be shut down permanently, in my opinion.

When I heard the news the first thing I thought of, other than how terrible it is obviously, was if they'd shut down before or after the lawsuit is filed.

Honest question, if a club has a metal detector would you fee more or less comfortable?

I probably wouldn't go to a "club"(haven't been to one in years), but if I did, I'd damn sure remember where my car was parked and keep eyes on everyone with me.

After Orlando it's hard to say knowing everyone doesn't have a gun makes me feel better. In Ohio you can be charged for carrying a gun if you've consumed alcohol, that includes off duty LEO's. I have a feeling the shooters from this incident were not concerned with that. Doesn't mean I disagree with the law, but don't believe it's being enforced much. I've been to bars in Cinci back in the day where I pulled out my ID and they noticed I had a concealed carry permit. I don't think patting people down is a bad idea for the club atmosphere.

Honest question, if a club has a metal detector would you fee more or less comfortable?

Went in a spot in Indy a few years ago with a bachelor party. Guys made me lift my shirt up to see my stomach and patted me down like they were cops. I looked at two of my friends and said, I ain't staying here. Went back to the sports bar.

Went in a spot in Indy a few years ago with a bachelor party. Guys made me lift my shirt up to see my stomach and patted me down like they were cops. I looked at two of my friends and said, I ain't staying here. Went back to the sports bar.

I'm with you, I would not even enter if I had to go through that type of security.