Arkansas Coach Mike Anderson is the Worst

Wireman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the SEC/NCAA wants to stop it they can fine schools and/or head coaches for Flagrant 2 fouls. They fine schools for fans storming the court they can do the same for this kind of behavior.

There would be major legal issues with that. A court storming is obviously a court storming. But a flagrant foul can be looked at much more objectively. A good attorney could make a class action lawsuit against the NCAA if they decided to fine schools for flagrant fouls that the NCAA commissioned referees determined to be flagrant.

Was Hannah the one that knocked the breath out of Hawkins by lowering his shoulder and leaning into Hawkins on a pick? Or was that earlier in the game and went uncalled? Honestly I forget the sequence as how it all played out.

I had forgotten that play! I don't think that was Hannah, but there was no call.

The play you were talking about was in the first half and it wasn't Hannahs. I can't remember which player it was; however, I don't believe that was intentional. The Arkansas player saw a pass sail over his head and ducked just as Hawkins was running by. It knocked the breath out of Hawkins but I'm not sure the Arkansas player even realized he had done it - it was simply reactionary. (I'd have to go back and watch the tape to confirm that).

The play you were talking about was in the first half and it wasn't Hannahs. I can't remember which player it was; however, I don't believe that was intentional. The Arkansas player saw a pass sail over his head and ducked just as Hawkins was running by. It knocked the breath out of Hawkins but I'm not sure the Arkansas player even realized he had done it - it was simply reactionary. (I'd have to go back and watch the tape to confirm that).

Agree this play was not dirty but the other two were.

I don't remember thinking it was dirty at the time, but I would like to see it again.

Looked to me like he was setting an off the ball screen and lowered his shoulder and left arm into Hawkins.

They need to make flagrant 2 fouls like targeting penalties in college football. Ejected plus one game out...that would clean it up!

Kingsley play reminded me of a Jamal Magloire type play!

They need to make flagrant 2 fouls like targeting penalties in college football. Ejected plus one game out...that would clean it up!

Clean it up? How many Flagrant 2 Fouls are there throughout a season?

I think this might be the first one I saw in a UK game this year.

Clean it up? How many Flagrant 2 Fouls are there throughout a season?

I think this might be the first one I saw in a UK game this year.

I don't like the fact that once a game is decided a player can take a cheap shot without any consequence.

Kingsley play reminded me of a Jamal Magloire type play!

Yeah, but Magloire was playing for the good guys!

I think both were called correctly if they were flagrant. I think they were both intentional. I do not think Kingsley's was as bad as some think. Just my opinion, though. Not a diehard fan.
I actually agree that Hannah's was worse and surprised he wasn't ejected. That said I think Kingsley's was a little worse than you are making it out to be. I think him trying to "hold up" was just part of the act. He never made an attempt on the ball and and barely jumped. He did exactly what he was trying IMO.