Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who are your Mr. Football Candidates?

Featured Replies

Front runner is probably Beaumont depending on how long Anderson is out. The Kramer kid from Highlands is amazing, but he won't be in serious consideration.

Agree 100%. :thumb:

  • Replies 77
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I looked at the KHSAA website with all of the stats throughout the state, I saw Beaumont, Anderson, Kramer, and many others, but I didn't see Ammons under any of the categories.

 

You need to look a little closer.

 

The stats this year are;

 

4 and 1/2 games played ( one was called at half time)

 

Passing 1505 total yards 15 TD's (301 yds per game)

 

Rushing 464 yards 11 TD's ( 7.1 yds per carry)

 

At safety two INT's

 

Don't have the stats on tackles but he is a headhunter for sure.

 

 

My point is that Ammons is a legitimate Mr. Football candidate. I have never posted that he is a slam dunk winner.

 

The season is not over, and regardless of whether he wins Mr. Football or not he is one fantastic high school football player.

 

Regardless of how the team faired his first two years in the Football team's rebuilding process (you would not be expected to know or understand the situation),

 

Starting at quarterback 4 years and producing 6 miles of offense is a strong statement!!!!!!

 

Anyone that disagrees with that is living in a fantasy world.

You need to look a little closer.

 

The stats this year are;

 

4 and 1/2 games played ( one was called at half time)

 

Passing 1505 total yards 15 TD's (301 yds per game)

 

Rushing 464 yards 11 TD's ( 7.1 yds per carry)

 

At safety two INT's

 

Don't have the stats on tackles but he is a headhunter for sure.

 

 

My point is that Ammons is a legitimate Mr. Football candidate. I have never posted that he is a slam dunk winner.

 

The season is not over, and regardless of whether he wins Mr. Football or not he is one fantastic high school football player.

 

Regardless of how the team faired his first two years in the Football team's rebuilding process (you would not be expected to know or understand the situation),

 

Starting at quarterback 4 years and producing 6 miles of offense is a strong statement!!!!!!

 

Anyone that disagrees with that is living in a fantasy world.

 

 

The best thing about Ammons: He's passed for over 8,300 yds and 95 TD's and Rushed for over 3,100 yds and 44 TD's. Over 11,400 yds total offense and cares more about the team winning and getting as far into the playoffs as they can than any individual award. Now that is a special kid. I would like to know if anyone has ever put up these types of numbers in a career. He's put these numbers up on a team that was 0-10 the year before he and Coach Donnie Walker arrived. The entire team has come a long way in the years since the 2002 season. The team has worked very hard to get where they are today.

Anderson that kids a stud.

I agree, BUT...he must go for 150 yards against Male. He was fair against Trinity for a quarter, but not exactly spectacular. For Anderson to win he has to be head and shoulders above others out in the state because there is a (perceived) bias against Louisville schools.

My point is that Ammons is a legitimate Mr. Football candidate. I have never posted that he is a slam dunk winner.

 

The season is not over, and regardless of whether he wins Mr. Football or not he is one fantastic high school football player.

 

Regardless of how the team faired his first two years in the Football team's rebuilding process (you would not be expected to know or understand the situation)

 

As I said, Ammons is probably one of the best, if not the best quarterback in the state. He has some great stats as you have posted. I will admit, I have not seen him play defense, unless he did last year and I didn't notice. But as far as I am concerned, he is very skilled and should be in the top 5 for Mr. Football, but it would just be a stretch to say he will win it. I base this simply on the publicity of the other players (Anderson, Beaumont) and the strength of the program, itself. I would love to see him or Kramer win it, but I would just be kidding myself if I were actually expecting that.

You've got to put Marshall Co RB Alan Williams somewhere in the mix...The guys already got 23 TDs in 6 games and most of thats been in one half or 3 qtrs a game, because of some of there lopsided wins..Being in the far west will hurt his chances, but, if Marshall Co can make some noise in the playoffs, don't be surprised to see his name surface..

I`m goin with the Simpson kid, he`s back for his sr. year and getting his diploma. good luck O.J.

If Braxton Miller and Trenton Calhoun were not sharing the football in Lincoln County every game one of those could easily be in this race right now.

Does anyone know what ammons stats are?

Does anyone know what ammons stats are?

 

Over 1700 yds/ 17tds passing and over 500 yds/ 12 tds rushing.

I would like to see what Kasey could do week in/out against better competition. Kasey to his credit plays hard each play has no rival on the field. He is a game changer from anywhere on the field on any play ....

Like many , I've watched him since JFL - he was a 49er - who beat the stacked Browns ... He has developed each year and his best football is in front of him , cannot say that for many high schoolers that what makes him special ...

 

With all that said , it's hard for me to say any kid playing our schedule is serious Mr Football.

south oldhams' seth gordon over highlands' kramer any day

joe gamsky south oldham

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.