2017/2018 10th Region

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the season is over for me I'll give my thoughts on next year. If people thought the region was down this year, just wait til next year!

1. George Rogers Clark

2. Mason County

3. Campbell County

4. Paris

5. Pendelton County

6. Montgomery County

7. Scott

8. Harrison County

9. Bishop Brossart

10. Bracken County

11. Robertson County

12. Nicholas County

13. Bourbon County

14. Augusta

15. St. Patrick

16. Calvary Christian

17. Silver Grove

Top Players in no order

Ryan Cooper, Will Philpot, Leevi Dunaway, Joel Day, Tanner Clos, Eric Johnson, Marcus Ashford, Dontaie Allen, Brennan Canada, Chad Ohmer, Spencer Free, Sam Hamilton, Ben Swolsky

Since the season is over for me I'll give my thoughts on next year. If people thought the region was down this year, just wait til next year!

1. George Rogers Clark

2. Mason County

3. Campbell County

4. Paris

5. Pendelton County

6. Montgomery County

7. Scott

8. Harrison County

9. Bishop Brossart

10. Bracken County

11. Robertson County

12. Nicholas County

13. Bourbon County

14. Augusta

15. St. Patrick

16. Calvary Christian

17. Silver Grove

Top Players in no order

Ryan Cooper, Will Philpot, Leevi Dunaway, Joel Day, Tanner Clos, Eric Johnson, Marcus Ashford, Dontaie Allen, Brennan Canada, Chad Ohmer, Spencer Free, Sam Hamilton, Ben Swolsky

This seems accurate to me, we'll be going back to the early 2000's with the larger schools back on top of the Region again as all the smaller schools lost a lot to graduation.

1. George Rogers Clark

2. Mason County

3. Campbell County

4. Paris

5. Pendelton County

6. Montgomery County

7. Scott

8. Harrison County

9. Bishop Brossart

10. Bracken County

11. Robertson County

12. Nicholas County

13. Bourbon County

14. Augusta

15. St. Patrick

16. Calvary Christian

17. Silver Grove

Top Players in no order

Wouldn't consider it to be completely down. It won't be as deep but the top 2 teams are legit.

1. George Rogers Clark

2. Mason County

3. Campbell County

4. Paris

5. Pendelton County

6. Montgomery County

7. Scott

8. Harrison County

9. Bishop Brossart

10. Bracken County

11. Robertson County

12. Nicholas County

13. Bourbon County

14. Augusta

15. St. Patrick

16. Calvary Christian

17. Silver Grove

Top Players in no order

I would also add Mason Burden to that list as well.

I would also add Mason Burden to that list as well.

I want to agree with you, but I can't. Burden is RC's best player, but that doesn't make him a top player in the Region. He scores a lot because of the type of schedule they play, but it's unfair to those of Canada, Allen, Dunnaway, Lofton, etc. to put him in that category.

No disrespect to that young man at all, I just don't consider him to be a top player in the region.

Top players isn't all about the scoring. You should look at the All around play. Someone has to get the ball to the top scorers and also take the tough defensive assignments. I think that gets missed a lot in the consideration.

Exactly what I was saying with my comment, there's more to the game than just scoring.

Top players isn't all about the scoring. You should look at the All around play. Someone has to get the ball to the top scorers and also take the tough defensive assignments. I think that gets missed a lot in the consideration.

I have been saying this for years.

Allen - Pendelton Johnson - Paris Ransom -Bourbon top 3 players returning...Allen will get player of the year because he's put up Avatar numbers...GRC has everyone including the waterboy returning...gotta rank them at the top.

1. GRC

2. Mason

3. Pendleton

4. Campbell

5. Paris

6. Scott

7. Montgomery

8. Brossart

9. Harrison

10. Bourbon

11. Nicholas

12. Robertson

13. Bracken

14. St Pat

15. Augusta

16. Calvary Christian

17. Silver Grove

1. Dontaie Allen

2. Eric Johnson

3. Leevi Dunaway

4. Ryan Cooper

5. Will Philpot

6. Brennan Canada

7. Joel Day

8. Spencer Free

9. Marcus Ashford

10. Titus Ransom

I hope I didn't forget anybody

Unless Garrison is accepted onto the team and with an underrated player graduating(Fox), don't think the Royals should be a top 2 mention, maybe 5. Watch Campbell and Scott again(unfortunately). Campbell with 3 important players back and Scott has another Ohmer along withPouncy and 3 others that saw significant time. Pendleton County should get top 3 love with Allen and a more than adequate supporting cast, but don't think Belcher( after the Harrison County district tournament debacle) can Coach them there.. As of now, am going:

GRC

Campbell County(Day,Clos,Jolley,Wilson)

Scott

Pendleton County

Mason County(Perkins has to show up his senior season)

Bourbon(with the right Coach,has returning starters)

Paris(2 top returning 10th region guards)

Brossart(don't know much about, but am assuming they'll be in that second 5)

Watch Harrison and Robertson, though both may be another year away