allaboutsports

Who's going to win  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win

• Corbin by less than 10
    • Corbin by more than 10
    • MHS by less than 10
    • MHS by more than 10

on regards to the Cashen vs Trevor debate, i disagree ENTIRELY that Clint isn't the superior QB on several facets:

System? Corbin is pretty 50/50 in play callin generally, isn't M'boro fairly similar? hmmm

Long Ball? Clint has a great longball, he can throw it close to 50-60 something, thats A VERY LONG PASS, i will stick my neck out and say trevor doesnt throw 20 yards farther and i would bet you haven't watched the two lineup and see who can throw farther. I can recall Cashen's first game vs M'boro throwing a streak on a rope for roughly 45 yards right into a receivers arms. hmmm

Head to Head: Passing camps are not necessarily reflective of a QBs passing ability, there are so many facets taken out of the game like poise, coverage recognition on a whole field not just the secondary, blitzing, etc. On real Head to head stats in two offense where the QB is the make or break system, Clint is 2-0. hmmm...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Middlesboro still run the veer offense? The QB's who have the ablility to run have hurt Corbin this year and Hoskins is the best QB that they have faced in my opinion. Containing him will be one of the keys to victory as he can be dangerous by either running or throwing. Does he throw on the run much(like Bowling of South Laurel)or is he more of a pocket passer?

Does Middlesboro still run the veer offense? The QB's who have the ablility to run have hurt Corbin this year and Hoskins is the best QB that they have faced in my opinion. Containing him will be one of the keys to victory as he can be dangerous by either running or throwing. Does he throw on the run much(like Bowling of South Laurel)or is he more of a pocket passer?
Split back veer offense.

M'boro runs the football 75 or 80% of the time with Hoskins ,Earls and Ford all three getting pretty much the same amount of carriers.

Does Middlesboro still play stack the line and play man to man defense? If they do, that will give Corbin a much better chance at winning. In my opinion, Middlesboro has lost a lot of games in the past that they may have won if they weren't playing that defense.

Now the 7th grade game, before the game M'boro Coach told Corbin's coach that he only had 9 7th graders that can play (some was hurt and some missed practice) he also had to put 2 linemen at the DB and at the running back spots and he told the Corbin's coach this and he said he understood! so what does he do throw the ball down the field.

Now back to the High School, M'boro hands down! Corbin hasn't stopped the Earls boy yet! he will have over 100yds rushing and about 80 yds receiving and maybe a kick or punt return for a td, he will have at least 3 total touchdowns and not to mention Hoskins, Ford, Bowling, Russell, Farr, Breeding, Davis, Jones, Reynolds, etc. etc. etc.

Mboro has the advantage on rushing, speed, defense, special teams, quick scores, home field, crowd, M'boro could not ask for anymore !!!

Jackets by 3 or 4 tds

corbin hasnt stopped the earls boy yet! he will have over 100yds rushing and about 80 yds recieving and maybe a kick or punt return for a td, he will have at least 3 total touchdowns and not to mention hoskins, ford, bowling, russell, farr, breeding, davis, jones, reynolds, etc. etc. etc.

mboro has the adv on rushing, speed, defense, sp teams, quick scores, homefield, crowd, mboro could not ask for anymore !!!

jackets by 3 or 4 tds

If that's the case you guys should have played Bell this year, probably could have beat them by 3 or 4 tds as well....., if only......could have been your 2nd win in 22 years over Bell.

Should be good game, Corbin will have to block and catch passses. Middlesboro will have to have a better defensive scheme than usual....

Corbin by 3 or 4 tds