allaboutsports

Who's going to win  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win

• Corbin by less than 10
    • Corbin by more than 10
    • MHS by less than 10
    • MHS by more than 10

For whatever reason, Roark just doesn't seem to be the coach he once was. It's like his head is not in it anymore. Corbin has a better QB and Mboro has a slight advantage at the skill positions. I think it all comes down to the coaching and Corbin should have that edge.

Corbin 35

Middlesborough (Middlesboro) 21

Why do you Middlesboro folk have two different ways of spelling the name of town? I've always wondered that and have seen it on the signs coming into town.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin has a better QB
Ok I've debated this and debated this but what makes you think he is the better QB??

Is it the style of offense he is in which creates better offensive numbers our could it because he is your guy and you are on here trying to pump him up?

Didn't Trevor beat him over the summer in a passing league camp?

Ok I've debated this and debated this but what makes you think he is the better QB??

e camp?[/QDidn't Trevor beat him over the summer in a passing leaguUOTE]

From the games I have watched these two play in, the Middlesboro QB is the much better runner and is a lot more dangerous with his feet than his arm(although he does have a strong arm). Cashen though is the much better passer of the two.

Do summer passing leagues really mean anything?

e camp?[/QDidn't Trevor beat him over the summer in a passing leaguUOTE]

From the games I have watched these two play in, the Middlesboro QB is the much better runner and is a lot more dangerous with his feet than his arm(although he does have a strong arm). Cashen though is the much better passer of the two.

Do summer passing leagues really don't mean anything?

It means a lot to College recruiters especially since it was head to head competition.

My prediction for the game.

We need to eliminate turnovers to have any chance at all to beat Corbin.

The 1st game of the year we had a bunch of turnovers (6 overall) but after that we have been doing a much better job of hanging onto the football.

I hope our boys come out fired up and ready to play some football.

63704 :fight:

Is it the style of offense he is in which creates better offensive numbers our could it because he is your guy and you are on here trying to pump him up?

Didn't Trevor beat him over the summer in a passing league camp?

I don't know about the passing camps and really don't put stock in them. For one, while it is a great thing to be dual threat such as Hoskins, a Quarterback is first and formost looked upon to be a leader. Secondly, a quarterback is supposed to be able to view the field, make checks, be smart, and throw the football. I'm definately not saying Trevor isn't any of the above. He absolutely is a fine passer, leader, composed, and smart passer. However, Cashen has been through the trials and tribulations of being a varsity starter at QB since the first snap his freshman year. I think Clint is much more cool and composed in game atmosphere when the going gets tough. Not to mention, I think he is probably one of the most accurate passers in the state. I also just about guarentee he has the strongest arm in the state.

Corbin is anything but an air it out at all cost team. While they may throw a tad more than Middlesboro, their bread and butter is the run. Personally I would like to see Corbin pass it more but until we get some better protection up front and the recievers get a bit more comfortable with Clint (its almost there), it's going to be run, run, throw for the Hounds.

I'm not trying to "pump up" Clint because he is from Corbin. I think he does plenty good at doing that with his play. With that said, we both have our opinions and while we may disagree, we both can agree that we wouldn't be upset one bit if we were in each others shoes. Both Quarterbacks are fine players and plenty capable of leading a team to a State Championship.

I also just about guarentee he has the strongest arm in the state.

Anyone who has seen both Cashen & Hoskins throw knows that Hoskins has a far stronger arm. Cashen does a great job of picking a defense apart on short passes, but Hoskins does just as well, and can put it 15 to 20 yards further down the field on the deep ball, without lobbing it the way Cashen doeswhen he tries to go deep.

Arm strength ain't everything, but Hoskins wins hands down in that category.

I certainly realize that the debate here is the corbin/Middlesboro game and I think it will be a great game. But, I am trying to confirm some info. that I got

last week, that the the Bell-Corbin game series, has for sure, been canceled.

Did it have anything to do with Bell not playing in Corbins Bowl game. I was told if they did not play in the bowl game that corbin was not going to schedule them. My understanding was that Bell was were under contract with Morristown East & West for the next couple of years. Anyone have any inside on that?

Anyone who has seen both Cashen & Hoskins throw knows that Hoskins has a far stronger arm. Cashen does a great job of picking a defense apart on short passes, but Hoskins does just as well, and can put it 15 to 20 yards further down the field on the deep ball, without lobbing it the way Cashen doeswhen he tries to go deep.

Arm strength ain't everything, but Hoskins wins hands down in that category.

Don't know who your mistaken Clint for but he can throw the deep ball with out lobbin it. He puts it on a rope as far a the reciever wants to go. It like its out of a cannon.

I certainly realize that the debate here is the corbin/Middlesboro game and I think it will be a great game. But, I am trying to confirm some info. that I got

last week, that the the Bell-Corbin game series, has for sure, been canceled.

Did it have anything to do with Bell not playing in Corbins Bowl game. I was told if they did not play in the bowl game that corbin was not going to schedule them. My understanding was that Bell was were under contract with Morristown East & West for the next couple of years. Anyone have any inside on that?

Thats not it.:D