Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport vs Grant County

Featured Replies

After coming off a bye week the Wildcats spring back in action against Grant County. Any predictions? I'll take the Wildcats with an 18-12 victory.

Interesting game on paper. I'm quite certain that Newport's offense will get itsef on track this week. But Grant has an offense of their own, one that has been putting them up in bunches lately. Turnovers and special teams, like most games, decide this one. Newport has done a good job of not beating themselves this year, so I take the Wildcats.

 

Newport 35

Grant Co. 21

Newport 6 Grant o

Newport 26-7.

Its going to be close thats for sure. Grant lost to Dayton 12-14 and Newport beat Dayton 13-0. Grant beat Ludlow 33-13 and Newport beat Ludlow only 13-6. I say it will be close. Grants on a roll of late. I say Grant makes it 4 in a row 21-13

Newport's defense should keep this one in control and if the offense can get going it should be enough. I don't see a shootout, but the winner should be scoring in the 20-30 point range. Maybe 27-13 Newport.

  • Author

Newport's D has gone through a complete 360 from last year its just a matter if they can get the O to come along this should be a good game Friday night.

I think that with Wilfong coming back from two weeks off, he will have a great game against Grant..... plus Newport is getting back two starting linemen that have been injured.. hopefully the offense gets back on task

Newport 35-7

Where is the game at this week? If its at Newport I will prolly get off work in time to make it to the game.

  • Author

Homecoming game for Newport so its home.

I think this game will come down to who has the ball last. Newport's offense line will need to produce to open some eyes. Wilfong will make a big difference in the backfield as long as he is 100 percent. Hesch needs more time to throw the ball to Oden so the o-line will need to step it up. Defense has been managing to keep them in the game but they can't do it all. This game will be too close to call.

Newport needs to put together a solid effort together in order to prepare for district games. 3A Grant should overpower; but I don't see that happening.

 

NHS 20

Grant 6

Newport wins big in this game if they can get their offense going, if not it could come down to whomever has the ball last. Grant's offense put up some impressive numbers against Owen County 2 weeks ago and then they came back and played a solid game against Leslie County last week.

FINAL :

 

Newport 29

Grant Co. 14

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.