Mar-A-Lago Trip Counter

Clyde

Even though for the last 16 years I have been saying that the crying about the POTUS trips is overblown and the $$ reported do not tell an accurate picture I KNOW it's important to many of you. It seemed important to candidate Trump whenever President Obama would take a family vacation.

So for those that do get frustrated by POTUS family trips we can use this as a way to keep track so that you can always be up to date.

POTUS went to Mar-A-Lago the weekend of the inauguration and I believe counting this current weekend he has been there 3 weekends in a row.

If you are there you can probably see him in the Situation Room otherwise known as Table 4.

Let the angst begin.

Trump’s Lavish Lifestyle Is a Perfect Issue for Democrats

If Trump makes it 4 years his lifestyle (at the current pace) will cost Americans over $700 million.

This $700M figure is what I was referring to as misleading. It wouldn't be an EXTRA $700M. That figure ,like the trips taken by Pres Bush and Pres Obama, includes salaries for people that would be paid no matter where the POTUS was. The pilot of AF1's salary, for example, would be in that figure. He's getting paid if AF1 never leaves Dover.

My bigger problems with Mar-a-Lago are these:

1) He's using his office as a perk of membership at his club. Not only are they charging more for memberships now, but members are paying for a front row seat to the presidency, whether that's talking policy with the president or meeting foreign leaders or taking a selfie with the nuclear football. Isn't this the sort of elites-only corruption we all hated so much a few months ago?

2) He dealt with N. Korea's latest provocation without getting up from dinner while guests sat and watched the action. His advisers (Flynn included) had to use cell phone lights to show the president read-outs of what was going on. I can't imagine the absolute meltdown that would have happened if Obama had treated a similar event with the insouciance of an impolite interruption of his dinner at his club.

Even though for the last 16 years I have been saying that the crying about the POTUS trips is overblown and the $$ reported do not tell an accurate picture I KNOW it's important to many of you. It seemed important to candidate Trump whenever President Obama would take a family vacation.

So for those that do get frustrated by POTUS family trips we can use this as a way to keep track so that you can always be up to date.

POTUS went to Mar-A-Lago the weekend of the inauguration and I believe counting this current weekend he has been there 3 weekends in a row.

If you are there you can probably see him in the Situation Room otherwise known as Table 4.

Let the angst begin.

I know it's a small thing, but I know how you love the details. The day after the inauguration he attendec the National Prayer service and was at CIA, not Mar-a-lago.

You may be confused because many on here were saying that he was taking the weekend off, yet he didn't.

I am sure the number of trips will not exceed the number of anti Trump threads started by you, my friend. You're on a roll! LOL

It's going to the wire.

This one, though , is mainly trying to show the problem with the $$ figures cited as well as hypocrisy in the last 16 years.

I actually heard that many businesses in the area aren't happy about it because of all the travel restrictions whenever a president goes anywhere (i.e. flight restrictions and road closures) has been costing them money.

I am not making a statement one way or another just pointing it out.

Let the angst begin.

Even though I don't care let me post it anyway.........LOL

I know it's a small thing, but I know how you love the details. The day after the inauguration he attendec the National Prayer service and was at CIA, not Mar-a-lago.

You may be confused because many on here were saying that he was taking the weekend off, yet he didn't.

Thank you.