February 9, 20179 yr Tom Groeschen Verified account @TomGroeschen #UC basketball likely to play at #NKU next season when 5th/3rd renovated, sources say. US Bank Arena would be contingency plan. 10:32 AM - 9 Feb 2017 Mike Bohn (UC AD) said an official announcement should be out by mid next week, but all signs point to UC playing at NKU next season with a few of the bigger games possibly being played at USBA, if needed. Thoughts?
February 9, 20179 yr Not a moment too soon. I went to 5th/3rd more than 10 years ago now and thought it was pretty awful then.
February 9, 20179 yr UC could play literally in my backyard and I still wouldn't go see them...unless Louisville was coming to town to kick their rear ends!
February 9, 20179 yr Not a moment too soon. I went to 5th/3rd more than 10 years ago now and thought it was pretty awful then. I agree, I thought it was a bad venue.
February 9, 20179 yr Great for the arena which is not owned or managed by NKU. But still good for NKU, right?
February 9, 20179 yr Great for the arena which is not owned or managed by NKU. How is it not owned by NKU? I understand they contract with an outside management company to run the place.
February 9, 20179 yr For the UC fans, if you haven't been to BB&T Arena, I think you'll find its a great place to watch a bball game.
February 9, 20179 yr Author Great for NKU! Great for the arena which is not owned or managed by NKU. Great for Skyline (the local campus watering hole) :lol2:
February 9, 20179 yr Great for Skyline (the local campus watering hole) :lol2: Surprisingly some pretty good food for a little Tavern. You'd never guess it from the outside, but a nice craft beer selection as well.
February 9, 20179 yr Author Surprisingly some pretty good food for a little Tavern. You'd never guess it from the outside, but a nice craft beer selection as well. Well aware of all of the above. Spent many nights in there in my early 20's. :thumb:
February 9, 20179 yr But still good for NKU, right? Not sure. Traffic/Parking issues for those with night classes is a negative. Not sure if NKU benefits from the revenue generated from it. Maybe some additional exposure to those across the river? As @Walter said. good for local businesses. We shall see who beefs up their advertising.
February 9, 20179 yr Surprisingly some pretty good food for a little Tavern. You'd never guess it from the outside, but a nice craft beer selection as well. Do you still walk out of there and have to burn your clothes due to the grease and smoke smell? I fired the place about 5 years ago because it was so bad.
February 9, 20179 yr Well aware of all of the above. Spent many nights in there in my early 20's. :thumb: Your early 20's? How old are you ?? Hahaha
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.