Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Franklin County Open?

Featured Replies

I heard this today from a buddy and went on their website and saw it posted. But it seems to have ended on February 4th. I remember them doing an interim coach last year. I wonder if they are just going to hire the interim or if the job is actually open?

 

Franklin Cty

-

TalentEd Recruit & Hire

I heard this today from a buddy and went on their website and saw it posted. But it seems to have ended on February 4th. I remember them doing an interim coach last year. I wonder if they are just going to hire the interim or if the job is actually open?

 

Franklin Cty

-

TalentEd Recruit & Hire

 

Thanks for posting this.

 

Anyone have more info?

There will be a new HC named at Franklin County. It will not be Coach Sheridan who was the interim last year. Also, It was Coach Sheridan's decision to not be considered for the permanent HC going forward. Best of luck to Coach Sheridan too. He's a Flyer for life. Great family man too.

Any word on who? Flyer alumni, just curious

  • Author

JV, any particular reason Coach Sheridan decided not to keep the job? Who are the front runners? If I'm correct this will be the schools third coach in as many years. Hopefully for the kids sake they get someone in there long term to bring stability.

Denny Ledford?

  • Author

I coached with Denny at Mercer County a few years back. Personally i don't see him as head coaching material but that is just my opinion.

I can say I have been informed by a reliable source the new HC for FCHS is Eddie James. Should be totally official later today. Congrats to Coach James. Well deserved and I know he will put his heart and soul in it. Go Flyers!

Congrats to Coach Eddie, he will do great! Eddie has been running the weight room with help from some previous staff members and several new faces. Should be an exciting time. I hope to see this thing built up the right way...It may take some time, but seems to be some nice younger kids in the program.

Is Coach James a Tony Franklin guy? Hasn't Franklin Co been a TFS school for a long time

Eddie James named Franklin County head football coach | The State Journal

 

After spending years as an assistant football coach, Eddie James gets to stay at home for his first high school head coaching job.

 

 

James, 29, was named the head football coach at Franklin County on Thursday.

 

 

He follows Nick Sheridan, who was the interim head coach last season after Chris Tracy resigned during the summer.

 

 

“I’m extremely excited,” said James, a 2005 graduate of FCHS. “It’s a good opportunity and a good position to start in. It’s home, and it’s a place where things have been done right before.”

 

 

What would James like to do in his new position?

 

 

“Just really put my stamp on the program,” he said. “Chris did a really good job, and Nick did a really good job stepping in late and doing what was best for the kids.

 

 

“All the things are in place with the support system.”

 

 

James has served two different stints as an assistant at FCHS, including last season when he was the offensive coordinator.

 

 

He spent two years as an assistant coach at Boyle County High School as the passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

 

 

James began his coaching career as an assistant coach at Elkhorn Middle School, and he was the EMS head coach from 2007-08.

 

 

He describes his offensive style as “wide open, but we try to adjust to our personnel. Last year we went with a running game. We had Denzell (Vance), and the run set up the pass.

 

 

“When we had Logan (Woodside) here we threw it around to set up the run. I’ve told the kids I want to be able to run the ball no matter what. If we need to get one yard, we can get it.”

 

 

Last year’s team had 60 players, and the Flyers return several starters.

 

 

“We have 16 kids who have a start coming back,” James said. “We have 3½ on offense and on defense we return eight. That’s a very good situation.”

 

 

James has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree from the University of Kentucky. He is employed at the Cardinal Academy, an alternative school in Scott County. He and his wife, Nikki, live in Frankfort with their daughter Ava.

 

 

“I’ve been blessed to work with good people,” James said. “I’ve worked with Donny Walker, who was here before Chris Tracy, Chris and Chuck Smith (at Boyle County). They’re three great guys, and I’ve had the opportunity to learn from them. And they’re all different to work with, and that’s a good thing.”

 

 

Now he’ll use what he’s learned as the Flyers’ head coach.

 

 

“It’s been a journey,” James said. “It’s something I’ve thought about for a long time. I’ve thought about other places, and I think being here means more because I’m from here.”

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.