Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lincoln County 72 Mercer County 50

Featured Replies

Lincoln is at minimum 10-15 points better at home. I can't believe the majority of the coaches in the 12 region agree to have region played at only two sites.

 

I think most would still rather drive to Lincoln and Pulaski instead of McCreary and Mercer.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most would still rather drive to Lincoln and Pulaski instead of McCreary and Mercer.

I agree with that but are we trying to make it more convenient or making more fair for everyone? If I am a parent or player I would rather look back and say everyone had a equal playing field than it was closer to drive to Lincoln or Pulaski. Rupp is on the line here and you want to make every opportunity count.

I agree with that but are we trying to make it more convenient or making more fair for everyone? If I am a parent or player I would rather look back and say everyone had a equal playing field than it was closer to drive to Lincoln or Pulaski. Rupp is on the line here and you want to make every opportunity count.

 

Convenient. Attendance at some (not all) of the exterior regional tournaments at place like Wayne, McCreary, Russell (when they were in the 12th) wasn't as strong as they've been at Lincoln and Pulaski. With finances being very important for all programs involved, the larger crowd has benefits that extend beyond who hosts.

 

As for the hosts, Pulaski hasn't been to the state tournament since 1992, which was about 13 years before the current rotation was put in place. The previous post said Lincoln has won once since the format was changed. There is just no evidence to prove Lincoln and Pulaski have benefited from the format change any more than anyone else.

  • Author

I think all regional tournaments should be at a nuetral site. Maybe at Center college or somewhere like that. JMO, but this would eleminate any real or perceived advantages to playing at home for something that means so much!

I think all regional tournaments should be at a nuetral site. Maybe at Center college or somewhere like that. JMO, but this would eleminate any real or perceived advantages to playing at home for something that means so much!

 

Have you been to Centre? No way that place holds a regional final (or semifinal). Why choose to play there, with smaller crowds and less money, when you could play at a huge gym like Pulaski?

I think all regional tournaments should be at a nuetral site. Maybe at Center college or somewhere like that. JMO, but this would eleminate any real or perceived advantages to playing at home for something that means so much!

 

And again, playing at home in the 12th Region has been a PERCEIVED advantage since the two-school rotation was put in place. The stats/facts don't back it up.

  • Author
Have you been to Centre? No way that place holds a regional final (or semifinal). Why choose to play there, with smaller crowds and less money, when you could play at a huge gym like Pulaski?

 

Idk if there is or isn't an advantage to be gained by the host school, it only seems logical that there could be.

 

The Centre suggestion was only based on what I remember from the 11th region as a student and the regional being at a neutral site. And no I've never had a reason to go to Centre's gym. Since it obviously is an absurd location b/c of size, is there not another college in the 12th that could accommodate this crowd? I'm not saying it should or shouldn't stay the way it is, but I can see the logic behind the advantage argument

Idk if there is or isn't an advantage to be gained by the host school, it only seems logical that there could be.

 

The Centre suggestion was only based on what I remember from the 11th region as a student and the regional being at a neutral site. And no I've never had a reason to go to Centre's gym. Since it obviously is an absurd location b/c of size, is there not another college in the 12th that could accommodate this crowd? I'm not saying it should or shouldn't stay the way it is, but I can see the logic behind the advantage argument

 

No other neutral sites in the region.

Idk if there is or isn't an advantage to be gained by the host school, it only seems logical that there could be.

 

The Centre suggestion was only based on what I remember from the 11th region as a student and the regional being at a neutral site. And no I've never had a reason to go to Centre's gym. Since it obviously is an absurd location b/c of size, is there not another college in the 12th that could accommodate this crowd? I'm not saying it should or shouldn't stay the way it is, but I can see the logic behind the advantage argument

 

I've been to Campbellsville, Centre, Asbury, Transylvania, Berea, Cumberland, St. Catherine's and Centre and Asbury are the only ones in the 12th Region and neither of them are capable of hosting the region tournament. Not even close to being possible. I'd say every high school in the 12th has a bigger arena/gym than all of the schools I have mentioned.

I'd like to see the region switched around because I am selfish. Lincoln County is only 10 minutes from my house so I am good with that too though. :D

I've been to Campbellsville, Centre, Asbury, Transylvania, Berea, Cumberland, St. Catherine's and Centre and Asbury are the only ones in the 12th Region and neither of them are capable of hosting the region tournament. Not even close to being possible. I'd say every high school in the 12th has a bigger arena/gym than all of the schools I have mentioned.

 

I'd say only Burgin, East Jessamine, KSD, and Somerset are smaller. Everything else is larger.

  • Author

I guess there isn't a better option to having a member school host, but I don't see why a few more schools couldn't be added to the rotation. Probably only makes since for it to be the most centrally located schools, but, IMO it would help with the unfair advantage argument.

 

No matter where it's at, I learned last year that this is an awesome event and I'll be there supporting the schools I pull for, for the foreseeable future!

Just make sure everyone tunes in to the 12th Region Tournament Wrap Up Show on 102.9 FM every night after the games!!!!!!!!

Im good with the 12th Region Tourney alternating between Pulaski and Lincoln. Other than Mercer County I am not sure there is a facility large enough to handle such a large venue. I don't think Boyle or Gerrard could handle hosting it.

I believe the last time that Garrard hosted it they cleared the gym and everyone paid to get back in. Lincoln and Pulaski are 2 good venues to host. Most regions except for 2-3 I believe play on a college floor and it helps them at Rupp in my opinion. I know here in the 8th region it is at Henry Co, and they host it fine.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.