Ohio State 2018 Recruiting

John Anthony

Does this effect things with Blue Smith in any way? I always read that Urban and company have always viewed him as a TE at the next level.

It only helps now that Meyer has the top TE who will lineup on the line each play. Blue knows his role at OSU and is very happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K'Vaughn Pope is a Buckeye!

Pope is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 168 overall prospect, the No. 7 inside linebacker, and the No. 4 prospect in Virginia.

K'Vaughan Pope gives Ohio State a pledge from the top two linebackers in the state of Virginia, with Teradja Mitchell being the other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting developments in the past couple of days. Potential commits 5 Star Micah Parsons and 5 Star Jackson Carman have both tweeted their support for Dwayne Haskins since the game on Saturday night. Will be curious how this affects their recruitment. Coaches are not allowed to discuss recruits or commits by name until they sign, but Meyer did say he was aware of the tweet without mentioning Parsons by name during his press conference on Monday.

While I do think this sort of comment is best left in house and not on twitter, it does show that Parsons and Carman are both very much invested in this Ohio State program. I think its a good sign for their future interest in Ohio State but not a good sign for their maturity level. Apparently the current OSU locker room didn't take to kindly to the tweets.

While I do think this sort of comment is best left in house and not on twitter, it does show that Parsons and Carman are both very much invested in this Ohio State program. I think its a good sign for their future interest in Ohio State but not a good sign for their maturity level. Apparently the current OSU locker room didn't take to kindly to the tweets.

A lot of people in the locker room agree with them. The seniors are gonna back JT, they have too.

A lot of people in the locker room agree with them. The seniors are gonna back JT, they have too.
I was just regurgitating what I heard. If I had to guess I figured there would be some division between the upper and under classmen regarding the subject. Haskins was a huge cog in signing a lot of these guys. He's a natural born leader and other players gravitate towards him. But JT was also the guy that came in and saved the 2014 season after so many wrote them off after Braxton went down. It's hard to let go of the emotions from that season for a lot of these guys I'm sure. It would not surprise me at all if there was quite a bit of discussion about it quietly inside the WHAC.

I was just regurgitating what I heard. If I had to guess I figured there would be some division between the upper and under classmen regarding the subject. Haskins was a huge cog in signing a lot of these guys. He's a natural born leader and other players gravitate towards him. But JT was also the guy that came in and saved the 2014 season after so many wrote them off after Braxton went down. It's hard to let go of the emotions from that season for a lot of these guys I'm sure. It would not surprise me at all if there was quite a bit of discussion about it quietly inside the WHAC.

Yeah you know how it works the younger crowd vs the older crowd. Teens vs the 20's. I just don't think Urban anticipated recruits saying it. But Micah and Jack are gonna whatever they want. Both are alpha dogs.

• 4 weeks later...
Ohio State made a phone call to Jarren Williams. Will be a fun few months.
They don't really have a choice they have to take a QB in the class and with the way Emory Jones is acting you have to at least think about a plan B. I still think Williams winds up at Bama and Jones at OSU. But it's clear Jones is plan A for both schools.

They don't really have a choice they have to take a QB in the class and with the way Emory Jones is acting you have to at least think about a plan B. I still think Williams winds up at Bama and Jones at OSU. But it's clear Jones is plan A for both schools.

Funny part is Alabama is more interested in Williams. They are just trying to get one or the other. We will know a lot more next weekend.