Ohio State 2018 Recruiting

John Anthony

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about the early signing period...I don't know if you've discussed this already....if so I apologize

I think it's lame. It allows guys like Carmen to lead OSU on for this whole time up until the early signing day. Then when they move on after he goes somewhere else they can't go after another guy who was behind Carmen on their list because he signed somewhere else. I'm not a fan.

I think it's lame. It allows guys like Carmen to lead OSU on for this whole time up until the early signing day. Then when they move on after he goes somewhere else they can't go after another guy who was behind Carmen on their list because he signed somewhere else. I'm not a fan.

Yeah, my early reaction is that I don't like it either. I think it's gonna put the big guys at a disadvantage a bit. I thought Carmen was a lock to tOSU though. Dabo is a real good recruiter

Yeah, my early reaction is that I don't like it either. I think it's gonna put the big guys at a disadvantage a bit. I thought Carmen was a lock to tOSU though. Dabo is a real good recruiter

Carmen is just an odd kid. I think he went to Clemson literally just because everyone thought he was going to Ohio State. He said several times that he hates that everyone told him where he was going to go. I truly believe that's why he's heading to Clemson.

Like the big guys need the advantage. :lol2: I get what you're saying, but the way it was, it was putting the little guys at a much bigger disadvantage IMO.

Carmen is just an odd kid. I think he went to Clemson literally just because everyone thought he was going to Ohio State. He said several times that he hates that everyone told him where he was going to go. I truly believe that's why he's heading to Clemson.

It was probably best for him to leave the state and start over. Clemson gave him the perfect situation to do that.

I think that's another casualty of the early signing period. It doesn't give the kid time to fully examine these situations and make the best decision. Coaches are putting a lot of pressure on these kids to make a decision now. I don't think it's gonna work out for him at Clemson if that's why he committed.

I think that's another casualty of the early signing period. It doesn't give the kid time to fully examine these situations and make the best decision. Coaches are putting a lot of pressure on these kids to make a decision now. I don't think it's gonna work out for him at Clemson if that's why he committed.

Jackson had plenty of time to decide.

Jackson had plenty of time to decide.

As opposed to the later signing period....it makes the kid have to push up their decision and make it final. There is a huge difference in verbally committing and then signing that LOI. His quote about pressure makes a lot of sense though. Wish the kid nothing but the best

"I just think I feel more comfortable at Clemson, in a sense. I don't feel like there's as much pressure on me at Clemson.”

Not sure I agree but Dabo is laid back.

I agree. I think people around him told him throughout his HS career that he would be a hero at OSU.