Ohio State 2018 Recruiting

John Anthony

They would be forced to look for a potential flip QB should Fields had changed his mind come spring. They can't go without a QB in the class. If UGA started flirting with other QBs it would make Fields feel slighted and he would also start flirting with other places. It sounds stupid, but that's the game.

You said they'd move on. They would not in any way, shape, or form drop him. Even if he signs, they'd still be on the lookout for other potential QB prospects they could add.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said they'd move on. They would not in any way, shape, or form drop him. Even if he signs, they'd still be on the lookout for other potential QB prospects they could add.

If he didn't sign today UGA would've taken that as he's not really commited to us. They wouldn't turn down his commitment in the end but Fields would start looking more serious at other places if UGA showed love to other QBs. So know they wouldn't officially move on from him but they would potentially mutually part ways.

But you also know that push comes to shove OSU could have shown them a good time and make them feel important and a valuable asset to the recruiting class and they would change their mind rather quickly. If OSU didn't already have 5 stars commited at the respective positions of those 2 guys you honestly think they would be playing in Nippert next year?

I'm telling you point blank they pushed and both said no thanks...

Because they wouldn't get to play over the guys they have currently commited. OSU never even offered scholarships to either of them did they?

Publically? No. Whyle has had an open offer from Coombs since the spring. They made a run at Bush over the past month but he told them there was no need to offer. Same with Vann who they tried again late while visiting Carman...

Because they wouldn't get to play over the guys they have currently commited. OSU never even offered scholarships to either of them did they?

Meyer hand picks 4-5 Ohio kids a year he will take. The other guys get feelers but 9/10 times those guys will end up at UK, Sparty, or now UC because Meyer can go to New York and grab the #1 TE Nationally.

Meyer hand picks 4-5 Ohio kids a year he will take. The other guys get feelers but 9/10 times those guys will end up at UK, Sparty, or now UC because Meyer can go to New York and grab the #1 TE Nationally.

Am I wrong to think that it's laughable to insinuate that those 2 players gt mentioned turned down Ohio State in spite of OSU pushing hard for them? To me it's laughable to act like OSU is super interested in Whyle when they have a commitment from Jeremy Ruckert?

You can doubt me all you want. I am telling you facts from behind the scenes. 100% certainty. Ask JA about my insider access... :walk:

I don't doubt your insider access. You have access to these kids way more than anyone else on here. But if OSU didn't have a commitment from Jeremy Ruckert already or any other TE, you think Whyle would still be a bearcat?

Am I wrong to think that it's laughable to insinuate that those 2 players gt mentioned turned down Ohio State in spite of OSU pushing hard for them? To me it's laughable to act like OSU is super interested in Whyle when they have a commitment from Jeremy Ruckert?

I am telling you with 100% certainty that Coombs was trying to flip Whyle from the day he committed. I've seen it first hand. Fact if you want to believe it or not. Not my problem...

I don't doubt your insider access. You have access to these kids way more than anyone else on here. But if OSU didn't have a commitment from Jeremy Ruckert already or any other TE, you think Whyle would still be a bearcat?

Yes. He had a bad meeting with Meyer in the spring and it turned him off OSU. I am not guessing here...

I am telling you with 100% certainty that Coombs was trying to flip Whyle from the day he committed. I've seen it first hand. Fact if you want to believe it or not. Not my problem...
You aren't understanding what I'm saying. I'm not doubting OSUs interest. I'm saying why Whyle told them no thanks. Yes OSU was interested, but he wasn't their top choice or even probably their 2nd choice. Whyle in all likelihood understands that.