Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Am I Missing Anyone?

Featured Replies

Had this discussion with a buddy last night....Even though there aren't any truly dominant teams this season, there is still only a small group that can win it....He argued that any of nearly 30 teams could potentially win.

 

I came up with the following as legit contenders...

 

Duke

North Carolina

Virginia

Louisville

Florida State

Kansas

Baylor

West Virginia

Villanova

Kentucky

Arizona

UCLA

Gonzaga

 

Am I missing anyone?? Is there anyone I have on there, that has no shot in your mind?

Had this discussion with a buddy last night....Even though there aren't any truly dominant teams this season, there is still only a small group that can win it....He argued that any of nearly 30 teams could potentially win.

 

I came up with the following as legit contenders...

 

Duke

North Carolina

Virginia

Louisville

Florida State

Kansas

Baylor

West Virginia

Villanova

Kentucky

Arizona

UCLA

Gonzaga

 

Am I missing anyone?? Is there anyone I have on there, that has no shot in your mind?

 

The bolded will not win a national title this season. The other six are all I can picture winning the whole thing.

There are only 6-7 teams with a legitimate chance. Kansas is working themselves off that list in a hurry. I think it'll come down to Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, Villanova or North Carolina...with someone like Louisville having a chance if they are hot in March.

  • Author

I don't understand how you guys are discounting Kansas. They're the best team in the country and we all know Self isn't going to do anything to any of those guys regardless of what they did.

IT seems like every year the experts say there are only a few that can win it. Then when the tournament comes it is a free for all. We really don't know. IT depends on who gets hot.

UConn was a #7 seed and UK was a #8 in the finals.

I don't understand how you guys are discounting Kansas. They're the best team in the country and we all know Self isn't going to do anything to any of those guys regardless of what they did.

 

They also have 5 players involved in a rape investigation, 1 player involved in a drug case and two alleged domestic batteries, 1 player involved in domestic abuse of a woman and felony vandalism and 1 player involved in felony vandalism.

 

And those are just the things we know about.

  • Author
They also have 5 players involved in a rape investigation, 1 player involved in a drug case and two alleged domestic batteries, 1 player involved in domestic abuse of a woman and felony vandalism and 1 player involved in felony vandalism.

 

And those are just the things we know about.

 

Right. And that means they can't win? As I said, we all know Self isn't going to do anything to any of them regardless of their involvements.

Right. And that means they can't win? As I said, we all know Self isn't going to do anything to any of them regardless of their involvements.

 

He's not going to have much of a say in it if they lose Josh Jackson and Lagerald Vick to felony arrests.

Is this where I make my annual NBA draft picks post, or should I wait for closer to tournament time?

I don't see West Virginia as a threat to win it all. Oregon could jump into the mix with a win over Arizona. Maryland is a team that is flying under the radar and keeps winning tough games. Melo Trimble is really tough in late game situations.

Your list is spot on.

I don't understand how you guys are discounting Kansas. They're the best team in the country and we all know Self isn't going to do anything to any of those guys regardless of what they did.

 

It's Kansas... they'll pull a typical Kansas tourney performance and flop the first weekend

I think any of the listed teams have a legit chance. It's pretty wide open.

There are only 6-7 teams with a legitimate chance. Kansas is working themselves off that list in a hurry. I think it'll come down to Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, Villanova or North Carolina...with someone like Louisville having a chance if they are hot in March.

 

Honestly, if you left Kansas off I would take the field without thinking twice. Frankly, I would take Kansas, Arizona, Gonzaga, and Louisville over the it.

 

Villanova is the only team that has looked like a real contender. Kentucky and Duke at some point need to look like something more than a collection of talented prospects, UNC needs some sort of consistency, and UCLA needs a lot of work to become even an average defensive team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.