Trumps Approval Rating

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an easy game to play:

President Trump’s initial approval ratings are setting new, unhappy records – The Denver Post

Trump’s approval rating is lower than any prior new president. Remarkably, more people have a negative opinion of him than any other new president in his first job evaluation.

Poll: Trump begins presidency with 36 percent approval rating | TheHill

President Trump is beginning his term with a 36 percent approval rating over his first five days in office, according to a new poll released Thursday.

The Quinnipiac poll shows that 44 percent of American voters disapprove of Trump’s presidency so far, with another 19 percent who are undecided.

The president’s ratings split sharply along party lines.

The poll found 81 percent of Republicans approve of President Trump so far, while only 4 percent of Democrats approve. Trump has a 35 percent approval rating among independent voters.

By comparison, the first Quinnipiac poll after President Obama was first inaugurated showed him at a 59 percent approval rating.

The poll found 53 percent of Americans are optimistic about the next four years under Trump, and 44 percent said he would help rather than hurt the economy.

Quinnipiac University conducted the poll during Trump's first five days as president, from Jan. 20 to 25, surveying 1,190 voters nationwide. The poll has a margin of error of 2.8 percentage points.

Quinnipiac Poll

Let me state that it's odd to have a poll 5 days in but....it's what we do.

So if we use this poll as our measuring stick then I think we should mention that this would represent one of only 3 POTUS (Bush I, Bush II, and now Trump) who have a Rasmussen number that is less than the departing POTUS.

I guess you guys failed to take a look at the other thread I posted about polls, so yes its really easy to play the game:

President Obama left the White House, the mainstream press was falling over itself proclaiming how popular he was.

"Obama leaving office on a very high note," was a typical headline.

Yet despite the media's fixation with polls, the press completely buried one of the more newsworthy poll findings — a Gallup report that came out last Friday, which took a final look at the President Obama's popularity over his eight years in office.

obama-approval.jpgThat poll found that Obama's overall average approval rating was a dismal 47.9%.

Only three presidents scored worse than Obama since Gallup started doing these surveys in 1945: never-elected Gerald Ford (47.2%), one-termer Jimmy Carter (45.4%), and Harry Truman (45.4%).

Obama even did worse overall than Richard Nixon, whose average approval was 49%, and was less popular overall than George W. Bush, who got an average 49.4%.

That sounds newsworthy, doesn't it? But you'd never know this if you relied on the mainstream press for information. That's because not one of them reported on Gallup's finding.

It took the conservative CNS News to break the media embargo. It reported on Gallup's findings on Monday, and its story got picked up by the influential Drudge Report. After that, a few other conservative news and blog sites reported the findings.

Beyond that: total media blackout.

I guess you guys failed to take a look at the other thread I posted about polls, so yes its really easy to play the game:

President Obama left the White House, the mainstream press was falling over itself proclaiming how popular he was.

"Obama leaving office on a very high note," was a typical headline.

Yet despite the media's fixation with polls, the press completely buried one of the more newsworthy poll findings — a Gallup report that came out last Friday, which took a final look at the President Obama's popularity over his eight years in office.

obama-approval.jpgThat poll found that Obama's overall average approval rating was a dismal 47.9%.

Only three presidents scored worse than Obama since Gallup started doing these surveys in 1945: never-elected Gerald Ford (47.2%), one-termer Jimmy Carter (45.4%), and Harry Truman (45.4%).

Obama even did worse overall than Richard Nixon, whose average approval was 49%, and was less popular overall than George W. Bush, who got an average 49.4%.

That sounds newsworthy, doesn't it? But you'd never know this if you relied on the mainstream press for information. That's because not one of them reported on Gallup's finding.

It took the conservative CNS News to break the media embargo. It reported on Gallup's findings on Monday, and its story got picked up by the influential Drudge Report. After that, a few other conservative news and blog sites reported the findings.

Beyond that: total media blackout.

I can see this thread didn't go how you had hoped. What does the average have to do with the stat you posted ?