Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Mason County giving special treatment to basketball players?

Featured Replies

Should they be actively monitoring it? I'd say no.

 

You would have to hire someone to do that full time.

 

So you are saying No until the King/Queen points his/her finger and says Yes?

  • Replies 88
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you are saying No until the King/Queen points his/her finger and says Yes?

 

If you are the coach of the basketball team and someone sends you those tweets you just sit on it and do nothing?

 

A player blatantly breaking rules and in a public forum.

Should they be actively monitoring it? I'd say no.

 

You would have to hire someone to do that full time.

 

After reading those tweets, it would be hard to find someone with the stomach and no shock factor to do that job! I almost blushed and that's saying something! :scared:

If you are the coach of the basketball team and someone sends you those tweets you just sit on it and do nothing?

 

nope, but I'm assuming MC has no social media policies either.

  • Author

Most coaches now have Twitter. I don't think they should be looking for it. But if it is reported to you it's different.

 

Don't most schools have social media contracts?

nope, but I'm assuming MC has no social media policies either.

 

Maybe not, but drinking and smoking is likely not allowed.

I agree with you @BirdBrain

 

Now I haven't followed this, but with the quoted post in mind, has Mason County done anything wrong or is this simply the wrong actions of one student?

 

Help me with some clarification b/c I'm not following what quote ?

Help me with some clarification b/c I'm not following what quote ?

 

He's talking about the post he quoted which was yours.

Help me with some clarification b/c I'm not following what quote ?

 

I agree with you that schools should not regulate student social media accounts and given that context has Mason County done anything wrong or is this nothing more than the actions of one student?

Maybe not, but drinking and smoking is likely not allowed.

 

I would think not, but unless they're doing it on school grounds, its hard to police.

He's talking about the post he quoted which was yours.

 

Glad you said it, I wanted to, but left that softball for you to hit out of the park.

Superintendent interceded and said something to the degree of, "There is to be no monitoring of student athletes twitter." in a meeting. As far as i'm concerned, end of story. The title of the thread answered. Not special treatment.

I would think not, but unless they're doing it on school grounds, its hard to police.

 

He tweeted it out for the world to see. I'm not saying the coach should kick him off the team, but when you have players openly acting like that I'm not sure what kind of respect they have for you as a coach/leader. Clearly that player isn't worried about potential consequences of breaking rules.

Is the super making a bad choice here, probably. Is this kid making a bad choice, most def. Should someone be stepping up to educate him, most def.

Going ahead and listing a bunch of other stuff you don't like about the program that don't have anything to do with twitter=axe to grind.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.