December 31, 20169 yr SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- In a season filled with controversy surrounding San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protest of racial inequality in the United States, Kaepernick apparently inspired many of his teammates. When the 49ers announced their team awards Friday afternoon, Kaepernick was the recipient of the Len Eshmont Award, given to the 49er who "best exemplifies the inspirational and courageous play of Len Eshmont, an original member of the 1946 49ers team." The award, which was established after Eshmont died in 1957, is considered the most prestigious honor the players vote on. Colin Kaepernick of San Francisco 49ers voted by teammates as winner of Len Eshmont Award
December 31, 20169 yr I have no problem with this. I don't agree with some of what he has to say, but he put himself out there for the national media to analyze and criticize. Regardless of how I feel with some of his statements being flat out dumb, he didn't riot, he didn't loot and he didn't incite violence. He simply took a knee and got people talking and for that I thank him. In America, I believe some of us (myself included) are too caught up in trying to be right. I believe at least making an attempt to hear out the the other side will have great benefits, regardless if you think they're right or not.
December 31, 20169 yr I have no problem with this. I don't agree with some of what he has to say, but he put himself out there for the national media to analyze and criticize. Regardless of how I feel with some of his statements being flat out dumb, he didn't riot, he didn't loot and he didn't incite violence. He simply took a knee and got people talking and for that I thank him. In America, I believe some of us (myself included) are too caught up in trying to be right. I believe at least making an attempt to hear out the the other side will have great benefits, regardless if you think they're right or not. I could be with you, except for the fact that Kaepernick did not vote. In a democracy, voting is where change is initiated.
December 31, 20169 yr It does take some courage to play QB every week and only win one game so I will give him that. I have no respect for CK but what he does really means nothing to me and if his teammates feel he deserves this award, that's their business I guess.
December 31, 20169 yr Well deserved. Whether you agree with Kaepernick or not his stance took courage.
December 31, 20169 yr courage my butt!!!!.... really!!!! then what does that mean to the many men in our military,who have given arms,legs,eyesight,sanity, and...their lives!!! can we please have some perspective on this whole c.k. situation. if he REALLY wanted to make a difference,instead of giving money,he would be out in the black neighborhoods ,talking,and doing. lip service is cheap!!! and easy!!! all i've heard he has done is given money. and if he feels people have been so oppressed by this country ...then leave!!!! nobody has said we our perfect. but a lot better place to live than 90% of the countries on this planet. sorry...i've had enough. can we move on please!!! god bless the REAL people who have COURAGE!!!! i hope someday, he will grow up. it's not to late. happy new year people!!!!
December 31, 20169 yr courage my butt!!!!.... really!!!! then what does that mean to the many men in our military,who have given arms,legs,eyesight,sanity, and...their lives!!! can we please have some perspective on this whole c.k. situation. if he REALLY wanted to make a difference,instead of giving money,he would be out in the black neighborhoods ,talking,and doing. lip service is cheap!!! and easy!!! all i've heard he has done is given money. and if he feels people have been so oppressed by this country ...then leave!!!! nobody has said we our perfect. but a lot better place to live than 90% of the countries on this planet. sorry...i've had enough. can we move on please!!! god bless the REAL people who have COURAGE!!!! i hope someday, he will grow up. it's not to late. happy new year people!!!! It's a football team award....voted upon by his teammates. None of those you mentioned were eligible.
December 31, 20169 yr courage my butt!!!!.... really!!!! then what does that mean to the many men in our military,who have given arms,legs,eyesight,sanity, and...their lives!!! can we please have some perspective on this whole c.k. situation. if he REALLY wanted to make a difference,instead of giving money,he would be out in the black neighborhoods ,talking,and doing. lip service is cheap!!! and easy!!! all i've heard he has done is given money. and if he feels people have been so oppressed by this country ...then leave!!!! nobody has said we our perfect. but a lot better place to live than 90% of the countries on this planet. sorry...i've had enough. can we move on please!!! god bless the REAL people who have COURAGE!!!! i hope someday, he will grow up. it's not to late. happy new year people!!!! Old discussion with plenty of threads on here about Kaepernick but for the record he has done a ton of work in the black community during the football season. Not just giving money and not just lip service. The info is out there. Maybe you should do more than just go by what you heard and open your eyes and go see what he has been doing. It ain't that hard.
January 1, 20179 yr Did he also win the hypocrite award? He deserved it for talking about oppression while celebrating castro's life as he wore him on his t-shirt during his "oppression" interview. He's a joke.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.