December 24, 20169 yr CLARKSBURG, Md Montgomery County police arrested a California man after officers found approximately 250 pounds of marijuana inside his vehicle during a traffic stop. Police say on the afternoon of Dec. 5, an officer was conducting speed enforcement on Interstate 270 just north of the Clarksburg Road exit when it initiated a traffic stop on a Chrysler Town and Country rental van driven by 53-year-old Steven Tosi. Man arrested after 25 pounds of marijuana found inside vehicle during traffic stop | WTTG
December 24, 20169 yr Author My questions for those who know a lot more about grass than I do(and you wouldn't have to know a lot): 1. How many joints could be rolled with 250 pounds of marijuana? 2. What is the street value of 250 pounds of pot?
December 24, 20169 yr My questions for those who know a lot more about grass than I do(and you wouldn't have to know a lot): 1. How many joints could be rolled with 250 pounds of marijuana? 2. What is the street value of 250 pounds of pot? After some research 250 lbs. of marijuana will make 160,000 joints. Street value was estimated at $500,000.
December 24, 20169 yr Had this been heroin or meth you'd be looking at 10's of millions of dollars. This will be less of a story each and every year.
December 25, 20169 yr Sold by the pound and not split up it was probably worth about $250-400 thousand to them. If they were selling it themselves and not distributing to other sellers, $500k or more is probably right.
December 26, 20169 yr I think that would be worth closer to $2 million. Depends on how you divvy it up.
December 26, 20169 yr CLARKSBURG, Md Montgomery County police arrested a California man after officers found approximately 250 pounds of marijuana inside his vehicle during a traffic stop. Police say on the afternoon of Dec. 5, an officer was conducting speed enforcement on Interstate 270 just north of the Clarksburg Road exit when it initiated a traffic stop on a Chrysler Town and Country rental van driven by 53-year-old Steven Tosi. Man arrested after 25 pounds of marijuana found inside vehicle during traffic stop | WTTG So can we see a pic of this big bong you speak of in the thread title?
December 26, 20169 yr Author So can we see a pic of this big bong you speak of in the thread title? I was looking at those trash bags and imagining a world record bong. At least, that's my theory...
December 28, 20169 yr I'm going to say that's around $800,000 worth of pot. Straight retail pricing, I would agree. Do you get charged with Fair Market Value or Estimated Retail Value ? I mean, if you are charging dude with FMV, then you are assuming he has some distribution skills....for me, based on the fact that he was driving a Chrysler Town and Country van, he should only be charged at a wholesale rate....
December 28, 20169 yr After some research 250 lbs. of marijuana will make 160,000 joints. Street value was estimated at $500,000. Some additional perspective.... US Government estimates an average joint contains .43 / grams of marijuana. Let's bump that to 1/2 gram per joint. There are 28 grams in an ounce, so your yield is 56 joints per once. 16 ounces in a pound gives you 896 joints per pound x 250 = 224,000 joints. I'm willing to bet that most joint rollers are closer to an ounce per joint, or 112,000 joints in 250 pounds on the fat side.
December 28, 20169 yr Some additional perspective.... US Government estimates an average joint contains .43 / grams of marijuana. Let's bump that to 1/2 gram per joint. There are 28 grams in an ounce, so your yield is 56 joints per once. 16 ounces in a pound gives you 896 joints per pound x 250 = 224,000 joints. I'm willing to bet that most joint rollers are closer to an ounce per joint, or 112,000 joints in 250 pounds on the fat side. Sources are now confirming a 1oz joint is wasteful. Your first paragraph would be fairly representative of the every day smoker, or so I've been told. Without breaking down the 'rithmetics, I'd venture a guess the person on the receiving end of the 250lbs lost interest in how many joints they could roll long, long ago.
December 28, 20169 yr Sources are now confirming a 1oz joint is wasteful. Your first paragraph would be fairly representative of the every day smoker, or so I've been told. Without breaking down the 'rithmetics, I'd venture a guess the person on the receiving end of the 250lbs lost interest in how many joints they could roll long, long ago. If I had 250 lbs., I'd be rolling some long, long logs just for the fun of it! :lol2:
December 28, 20169 yr Sources are now confirming a 1oz joint is wasteful. Your first paragraph would be fairly representative of the every day smoker, or so I've been told. Without breaking down the 'rithmetics, I'd venture a guess the person on the receiving end of the 250lbs lost interest in how many joints they could roll long, long ago. This was my mistake, I certainly did not mean 1 ounce / joint....although LA's comment does come in to play. What I meant was 1 gram per joint..... My gosh, 1 oz per joint would probably look something like this:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.