Sheldon Clark High School Changing Names?

Wireman

You guys do realize that this is not just a name change right? The district is getting a brand new school, built at a different location, and decided to change the name when they move in next year. The "new stuff" some have referred to had to be created from nothing anyway, so its not like they are repainting basketball floors and taking down signs out front for new ones. Point: Outside the cost of the new school, there is no additional money needed for the name change.

In fact, Sheldon Clark has been using Warfield Middle School to play ball games for a few years now and not even been in the old building (foundation problems from blasting as they are building a new road right be where Sheldon Clark was).

New school, new location, new name. Martin County High School.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys do realize that this is not just a name change right? The district is getting a brand new school, built at a different location, and decided to change the name when they move in next year. The "new stuff" some have referred to had to be created from nothing anyway, so its not like they are repainting basketball floors and taking down signs out front for new ones. Point: Outside the cost of the new school cost, there is no additional cost for the name change.

In fact, Sheldon Clark has been using Warfield Middle School to play ball games for a few years now and not even been in the old building (foundation problems from blasting as they are building a new road right be where Sheldon Clark was).

Thanks for clarifying. Was not aware.

You guys do realize that this is not just a name change right? The district is getting a brand new school, built at a different location, and decided to change the name when they move in next year. The "new stuff" some have referred to had to be created from nothing anyway, so its not like they are repainting basketball floors and taking down signs out front for new ones. Point: Outside the cost of the new school, there is no additional money needed for the name change.

Makes much more sense now. thanks

In 1973 Elliott County's only high school was Sandy Hook High School. A new building was completed beside the old school in 1974 and when it opened in the fall of 1974 the name was changed to Elliott County High School. It had been Sandy Hook High School for as long as I could remember before that.

In 1973 Elliott County's only high school was Sandy Hook High School. A new building was completed beside the old school in 1974 and when it opened in the fall of 1974 the name was changed to Elliott County High School. It had been Sandy Hook High School for as long as I could remember before that.

This is no joke. They use to have a Sandy Hook Invitational Tournament. And yes, they put the abbreviation of the tournament on the shirt. Had one years ago and lost it somewhere along the way.

This is no joke. They use to have a Sandy Hook Invitational Tournament. And yes, they put the abbreviation of the tournament on the shirt. Had one years ago and lost it somewhere along the way.

No. Freakin'. Way. :lol2:

I must have one of these T-shirts. Or, at least, someone needs to satisfy my curiosity that they exist. Let's get a pic posted, soon.

• 2 years later...

I hadn't heard about this previously until I was looking up the Sheldon Clark 2019 football schedule. I'm pretty sure at some point or another I came across something about a new high school building coming along for the 2019 school year, but whatever I read hadn't mentioned anything about the fact that Sheldon Clark is apparently changing its name to Martin County High School.

Mascot will continue to be "The Cardinals".