Luke Fickell Bearcats Coach

UK#1fanisback

I hope Fickell does great. He's energetic, very passionate about what he does, really cares about his players. I think Tuberville cared about the players, but didn't bring the energy and just looked forward to coasting to retirement.

It'll be interesting to see if any greater Cincinnati commits open their recruitment back up. Bonner from Sycamore (Illinois) and King from Mason (Kentucky) will be ones to keep eyes on

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fickell brings the juice back to UC that they lost with Tuberville leading the way. Houston, Temple, and South Florida have all recruited at a high level in the AAC so no reason UC can't as well.

Fickell will recruit OH much harder than TT did which should help get UC back to where they were before TT took over. Love the hire and from talking to a few former players, they do as well.

Curious if he honors all the offers that are already out?

I'll leave it to GT to share more info on that situation...but my understanding from comments by Mike Bohn is that reaching out to commits/recruits would be Fickell's first priority once the press conference was finished.

Not getting Mr. Cincy, Coombs stings a little bit, but getting Marcus Freeman is big. He has big time Dayton connections and Fick obviously has Cbus and northern OH connections. Sounds like Luke is already saying he wants to rebuild Cincy area high school connections.

Biggest thing that stood out to me during his presser was when he made it clear that he wanted OH high school coaches to know that his door was always open. That's big in recruiting,especially considering some of the bridges TT burned during his time at UC.

Also made it clear to former players that they are always welcome...I'm not sure TT always made them feel welcome and former UC QB Tony Pike will be the first one to tell you that.

Excited about this hire. UC needs a good defense to win games. Their offense is usually always good.

Their offense also needs work, as they were horrible on offense this year. They have had offensive guys in Kelly and Jones as coaches when their offenses did great.

Hopefully he hires a good coordinator.