Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati 55 Iowa State 54

Featured Replies

Huge OT road win for the Bearcats as they snap Iowa State's 37 game home non conference win streak.

 

Kyle Washington 13 & 10

Gary Clark 11 & 10

Troy Caupain 7 and 10 rbs

Kevin Johnson 11 pts

Jacob Evans 11 pts

 

UC killed the Cyclones on the boards...46-34.

While the rebounding stat was huge, what stood out to me was only allowing Iowa State 5 assists. Monte Morris came in averaging 6.5 a game by himself. They forced them into making plays in isolation and then owned the glass as a result. Still not sure how they won that game, but it starts there...

I watched a decent amount of this game. Very nice win on the road for the Bearcats.

 

The Cyclones certainly didn't have the ball in their best players hands at the end.

Who is the color man on the radio broadcast for UC? Does he get paid by the word?

What has me concerned is the 3-21 from the 3 point arc.

Washington and clark killed the boards. Also ball movement from those two seem to be VERY good.

 

Great win for UC especially since their sos outta conference is probably not that good.

Isnt this a game UC should win regularly? I understand Iowa State is always a very good regular season team, but shouldnt UC win these type of games?

Isnt this a game UC should win regularly? I understand Iowa State is always a very good regular season team, but shouldnt UC win these type of games?

 

How did you draw that conclusion?

Isnt this a game UC should win regularly? I understand Iowa State is always a very good regular season team, but shouldnt UC win these type of games?

 

 

Nice way to stir the pot. You know a win against a 19th ranked team in a major conference on tehroad is not a regular win type of thing. Keep stirring it though.

Nice way to stir the pot. You know a win against a 19th ranked team in a major conference on tehroad is not a regular win type of thing. Keep stirring it though.

 

I guess thats my point, you're saying it shouldnt be, I am saying why not. This is UC basketball, shouldnt they be a top 25ish team year in and out?

I guess thats my point, you're saying it shouldnt be, I am saying why not. This is UC basketball, shouldnt they be a top 25ish team year in and out?

 

They have been a top 25ish team for a while, but lately in a mid major conference, it is tougher. Though not as much in basketball than football. A road win for a mid major against a very good basketball school isn't regular. Not shocking, but a Committee worthy win.

I guess thats my point, you're saying it shouldnt be, I am saying why not. This is UC basketball, shouldnt they be a top 25ish team year in and out?

 

I wish I could see them getting to be a top 25 team year in year out the conference they are in I feel keeps them from it. and also their weak non conference schedule.

They have been a top 25ish team for a while, but lately in a mid major conference, it is tougher. Though not as much in basketball than football. A road win for a mid major against a very good basketball school isn't regular. Not shocking, but a Committee worthy win.

 

How is UC a mid major?

I wish I could see them getting to be a top 25 team year in year out the conference they are in I feel keeps them from it. and also their weak non conference schedule.

 

They should be because of the conference they are in. They should be dominating that conference only losing to UCONN and an occasional lost to Memphis.

 

This whole need a new conference crap is for the birds, they cant win in the conference they are in, which is the main issue, they should be, all the time.

Isnt this a game UC should win regularly? I understand Iowa State is always a very good regular season team, but shouldnt UC win these type of games?

 

Iowa State is a Top 20 Opponent playing at a great home atmosphere.

 

Look at the last 3 NCAA Tournaments:

 

2016 - UC was a #9 seed and Iowa State was a #4 seed

2015 - UC was a #8 seed and Iowa State was a #3 seed

2014 - UC was a #5 seed and Iowa State was a #3 seed

 

So now, it is't a game they should win regularly. You're giving UC too much credit and Iowa State not enough.

How is UC a mid major?

 

Because they don't play in one of the traditional power conferences. That alone makes it more difficult to recruit than if they were in the ACC or Big 12.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.