Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Boyd County

Featured Replies

Per twitter:John Gilliam is no longer Boyd County's football head coach, confirms AD Pete Fraley.

I believe that this job will go to one of the guys that coached their freshman team this year. They all coached the 8th grade team at Ashland last year. Very good coaches. I don't know which one will apply for head coach but that's how I think it will go.

A lot of injuries this past year at Boyd.

Nathan mcpeek?

 

Chad Tackett?

 

I would at minimum make calls to gage interest.

Will Boyd try to go big with this hire?

Will Boyd try to go big with this hire?
Define big.

A big football name, maybe a former head coach or do hire a younger coach with head coaching experience? Do they hire someone with 0 head coaching experience?

A big football name, maybe a former head coach or do hire a younger coach with head coaching experience? Do they hire someone with 0 head coaching experience?
I'd be curious how Pete will proceed. It's all about the kids and their excitement to participate. I don't know what numbers are like across the board there but I'd say energizing the community and the kids about playing the sport would be priority #1. What big name did you have in mind?

Until you can supply structure from High school down, you have zero shot at success here. The middle school is a disaster and until you put the guy at the top in charge of the program all the way down to the youth league, then my friends this will not be a great job. I want to see them be successful but they much get the support to build it. They have pitiful facilities and on top of that a lack of interest ( just look at the stands on game night) in building any success there. Baseball and basketball have been successful, but fairly look at facilities alone for those programs compared to the dilapidated hillside that at one time use to house one of the best atmospheres in the area to watch a game on Friday night. I am hearing possibly the OC or the guy at Fairview.

This will make a 4th coach since what 2011?

 

If they don't get banged up this was a playoff team.

Until you can supply structure from High school down, you have zero shot at success here. The middle school is a disaster and until you put the guy at the top in charge of the program all the way down to the youth league, then my friends this will not be a great job. I want to see them be successful but they much get the support to build it. They have pitiful facilities and on top of that a lack of interest ( just look at the stands on game night) in building any success there. Baseball and basketball have been successful, but fairly look at facilities alone for those programs compared to the dilapidated hillside that at one time use to house one of the best atmospheres in the area to watch a game on Friday night. I am hearing possibly the OC or the guy at Fairview.

I continue to hear that Fairview may close it's doors. Their remaining players would probably end up at BC wouldn't they? So, maybe hiring the Fairview coach would make sense.

I continue to hear that Fairview may close it's doors. Their remaining players would probably end up at BC wouldn't they? So, maybe hiring the Fairview coach would make sense.

 

Wow! I haven't heard this! Could this season possibly be Fairview's last?

Seems like it's been a death trap for a coach as of late. Outside looking in, looks like very high expectations from administration.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.