Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 28 Manual 3

Featured Replies

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so excellent in my mind. We still have alot of work to do with our passing game. Yes I know we got it done on the ground tonight but we cannot be one dimensional against teams like X.

I have some things to say about this game. We should be leaps and bounds better than Manual, somewhere around 42-0 if you would. But, with that, Manual is extremely well coached, that was evident they made so many smart plays, mainly on defense. If they changed their offense, to a spread option, they would be so much better. I really think that Joe Nichols is Manual's John L. Smith, the next guy will take them over the hump. I was seriously impressed with Ulinski, Eggers, and #19 on defense....I don't think that Manual stands a chance to beat St. Xavier, they simply give up too many yards on the ground. Male, might be a different story.

 

Trinity, so much work has to be done, we have 6 turnovers in two games, that is 100% unacceptable, thankfully we have Oldham then Southern before the big one, Nick has to find his rythm. I am extremely happy with our running game, it is obvious that putting Coach Ayers over the RB's has done us well. One thing though, Tim has to make his cuts and stick with them, no worries yet though. Our passing game is a nightmare, due to three reasons, one we aren't protecting Nick enough, two the defenses we've played so far are really, really, REALLY well coached. Three, Nick has to fine tune his touch...he almost got one picked off tonight, and three the other night (one of which was not his fault)

 

Positives: Our running game, our kicking game, Bobby Petrino Jr., Manual's defense.

 

Sorry so long, I have so much to say, we have so so much work to do to get us close to St. Xavier's level.

I have some things to say about this game. We should be leaps and bounds better than Manual, somewhere around 42-0 if you would. But, with that, Manual is extremely well coached, that was evident they made so many smart plays, mainly on defense. If they changed their offense, to a spread option, they would be so much better. I really think that Joe Nichols is Manual's John L. Smith, the next guy will take them over the hump. I was seriously impressed with Ulinski, Eggers, and #19 on defense....I don't think that Manual stands a chance to beat St. Xavier, they simply give up too many yards on the ground. Male, might be a different story.

 

Trinity, so much work has to be done, we have 6 turnovers in two games, that is 100% unacceptable, thankfully we have Oldham then Southern before the big one, Nick has to find his rythm. I am extremely happy with our running game, it is obvious that putting Coach Ayers over the RB's has done us well. One thing though, Tim has to make his cuts and stick with them, no worries yet though. Our passing game is a nightmare, due to three reasons, one we aren't protecting Nick enough, two the defenses we've played so far are really, really, REALLY well coached. Three, Nick has to fine tune his touch...he almost got one picked off tonight, and three the other night (one of which was not his fault)

 

Positives: Our running game, our kicking game, Bobby Petrino Jr., Manual's defense.

 

Sorry so long, I have so much to say, we have so so much work to do to get us close to St. Xavier's level.

 

 

I agree! :thumb:

I have some things to say about this game. We should be leaps and bounds better than Manual, somewhere around 42-0 if you would. But, with that, Manual is extremely well coached, that was evident they made so many smart plays, mainly on defense. If they changed their offense, to a spread option, they would be so much better. I really think that Joe Nichols is Manual's John L. Smith, the next guy will take them over the hump. I was seriously impressed with Ulinski, Eggers, and #19 on defense....I don't think that Manual stands a chance to beat St. Xavier, they simply give up too many yards on the ground. Male, might be a different story.

 

Trinity, so much work has to be done, we have 6 turnovers in two games, that is 100% unacceptable, thankfully we have Oldham then Southern before the big one, Nick has to find his rythm. I am extremely happy with our running game, it is obvious that putting Coach Ayers over the RB's has done us well. One thing though, Tim has to make his cuts and stick with them, no worries yet though. Our passing game is a nightmare, due to three reasons, one we aren't protecting Nick enough, two the defenses we've played so far are really, really, REALLY well coached. Three, Nick has to fine tune his touch...he almost got one picked off tonight, and three the other night (one of which was not his fault)

 

Positives: Our running game, our kicking game, Bobby Petrino Jr., Manual's defense.

 

Sorry so long, I have so much to say, we have so so much work to do to get us close to St. Xavier's level.

 

 

RP what about the defense? I wasn't there but seems like a good defensive effort to hold Manual to three??

RP what about the defense? I wasn't there but seems like a good defensive effort to hold Manual to three??

 

3 goal line stands, 2 interceptions, 2 caused fumbles, 1 blocked punt. Ran to the football all night with speed. These guys are on the way. I think the DB's are starting to get a feel for turning with the receivers. We'll find out a little more next week. :thumb:

 

And Tydlacka is a monster. 51 yards per punt average. I seriously hope U of L offers this kid today.

Yeah all I read is about offense. I believe DEFENSE wins championships and deffiantly won this game tonight for the ROCKS. Great defensive effort tonight by all. Lets start giving this defense some recognition, right now they are looking like they will carry us back to the promised land of #17.

The defense was huge.

 

If not for a fumble on the opening kickoff they would have had the shutout. Still they started the game with Manual at the 15 and forced a FG from the 20. Bobby Petrino laid some major league hits including one on huge #86 from Manual that caused him to fumble the ball.

The defense looks really good no doubt, but the defense always starts out better than the offense, there appears to be a lot of shifting offensive linemen every week a new look, lets give the coaches a chance to get the right guy in the right spot before we go bragging about how much better the defense looks NOW! It take a team to get to game #17 not just defense.

TOAK

 

I love your enthusiam but winning game 15 for the state championship will be plenty for me.

The defense looks really good no doubt, but the defense always starts out better than the offense, there appears to be a lot of shifting offensive linemen every week a new look, lets give the coaches a chance to get the right guy in the right spot before we go bragging about how much better the defense looks NOW! It take a team to get to game #17 not just defense.

 

 

Not quite sure what team you were watching last season but the defense did NOT look better than the offense early on. In fact the offense the last two seasons started out better than the D. I am glad to see the D looking this good this early though. We just need to get it together on offense.

The defense sure looks good, it looks like putting Bobby Jr. at Cb, and Aygei on the other side really looks good...Our defense is playing very well right now. They are not giving up the edge. The only drawback in our secondary is the deep ball on the sideline, and in the mid range flats. Coach Leach and Co. will get that figured out.

Why would Tydlacka want to belittle himself by going to Uof L? Why not Notre Dame or Tennessee or Texas A&M ?

Why would Tydlacka want to belittle himself by going to Uof L? Why not Notre Dame or Tennessee or Texas A&M ?

 

So are you telling me you do not support Brohm because he DIDN'T go to one of those programs?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.