Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 42 Holy Cross 17

Featured Replies

^^ My bad...when I was talking about WR's, I meant Gibson instead of Bishop. Guess I still had the impressive runs by Bishop still on my mind as I was typing.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some inside info and Bustle (the one carted off from SK) will apparently be fine. He had a hip bruise, which can cause a lot of pain, but after the bye week he will probably be ready to go.

 

Elbert likes to go deep a lot, which i like, and when he doesn't complete the passes he only misses by a couple inches to a foot. That can be the fault of either the reciever or the quarterback, but either way i see him completing more of those passes down the stretch which will make them very tough to beat. Elbert scrambles too much IMO, i think he should stay in the pocket a bit longer on a couple of those plays and use his arm to make some more plays down the field.

I thought it would be close to this score, both teams are improved from a year ago and it wasn't much of a game in '05. I still think Ryle is the hands on favorite with Dixie and SK a close 2nd in the district. The Neers are open next week with a game at home against Boone the following week.

 

 

My predicted score of a 26 point win by SK looks pretty good now. Glad to see SK on a roll, could be a great start, I believe our best ever is 5-0. Would like to see this team top it.

I got some inside info and Bustle (the one carted off from SK) will apparently be fine. He had a hip bruise, which can cause a lot of pain, but after the bye week he will probably be ready to go.

 

Elbert likes to go deep a lot, which i like, and when he doesn't complete the passes he only misses by a couple inches to a foot. That can be the fault of either the reciever or the quarterback, but either way i see him completing more of those passes down the stretch which will make them very tough to beat. Elbert scrambles too much IMO, i think he should stay in the pocket a bit longer on a couple of those plays and use his arm to make some more plays down the field.

 

Good to hear about Bustle. I saw in the paper this morning that the HC kid that was hurt suffered an ankle injury...best wishes to him as well.

 

Elbert does throw a nice, fairly accurate deep ball. There were a couple of nice long passes to Gibson that were completed but just out of bounds. Completing those passes (in bounds would be even better) will help keep defenses from stacking the line to stop the run. Elbert did scramble a lot, many times because of pressure, but I agree there were a few times where he increased the pressure because he was scrambling.

Glad to hear about Bustle. I hope the HC player recovers as well...

 

Congrats to SK for going 3-0. That gives them alot of confidence going into the break to get ready for Boone County. A victory over them last year helps ease the intimidation factor as well. I will have to give an early edge to the Pioneers in that one...

Glad to hear the good news about Bustle, after I read the article today my heart sunk a bit since he's such a good player. Hopefully the Indian player is doing OK as well.

The Indian player, Vince Nirone, is also doing well. He injured his ankle, but no fracture. I am glad neither player suffered serious injuries.

What is Simon Kenton's non-district schedule?

What is Simon Kenton's non-district schedule?

 

 

They are done with it now, but it was Lloyd, Seneca, and Holy Cross. 3-0 against them. The next seven weeks are all district games.

Wow. Tough schedule....

Wow. Tough schedule....

 

 

Alright smart guy... it does give them some confidence and momentum going into district games.

Not a tough schedule at all but winning breeds confidence, and outside of Bustle they are healthy, that's very important no injuries in the OOC plus a bye week is very good for this team. The program is on the up-n-up, Independence is growing by leaps and bounds, I forsee good things in the furture, #4 seed by the graces up the big guy up stairs and much improved this season, I can't wait until 9/15, I bet those guys are fired up.

Wow. Tough schedule....

 

Maybe not the best, but it was against 2 4A schools, and a 2A school which had beat 2 4A schools. So I'd say it's not that bad, especially sense SK if coming from scratch.

Maybe not the best, but it was against 2 4A schools, and a 2A school which had beat 2 4A schools. So I'd say it's not that bad, especially sense SK if coming from scratch.

 

:confused: Seneca is the only 4A scool Lloyd is 3A.

I really don't remember what I was referring to at the time.. lol

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.