Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Cats Pause

Featured Replies

HHS definitely is not in the 3 spot, who is even on the team this year that we know of besides Barth? And I would put Villa or Ludlow over St. Henry. Dixie just doesn't play well as a team. They could have it, but until they play as a team they wont... Again, Cooper should be ranked higher.

 

Ludlow and Villa both lost big to Dixie and St Henry last year ? Both teams return a lot , so what kind of reasoning behind this ? Cooper will have nice team , but they don't go deep off the bench.

  • Replies 152
  • Views 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't put much stock in preseason ratings. Highlands has been rated highly in the past...

Hailey Anderson of Cooper is always, and I mean always, overlooked on these list of top players in the region. I had the good fortune of coaching her in middle school, so I know how hard the young lady works, how much passion she has for the game, and how far she's come over the last several years. She is as versatile a player as you could find in this region. She can play inside, she can play outside, she can handle the ball, she can shoot from the perimeter, and is a great teammate and leader. She seems forgotten whenever these lists or all region honors come out at the end of the year. I know the coaches in the area think highly of her, I just don't get how she gets overlooked.

I don't put much stock in preseason ratings. Highlands has been rated highly in the past...

 

What's that mean?

Hailey Anderson of Cooper is always, and I mean always, overlooked on these list of top players in the region. I had the good fortune of coaching her in middle school, so I know how hard the young lady works, how much passion she has for the game, and how far she's come over the last several years. She is as versatile a player as you could find in this region. She can play inside, she can play outside, she can handle the ball, she can shoot from the perimeter, and is a great teammate and leader. She seems forgotten whenever these lists or all region honors come out at the end of the year. I know the coaches in the area think highly of her, I just don't get how she gets overlooked.

 

I agree. She's a really nice player. I don't think she gets overlooked. I just think there are a lot of really good players in the ninth. There are a lot of pretty darn good players that aren't on this list. They only pick 10.

1. Homes

2. Conner

3. Highlands

4. Ryle

5. Newport Central Catholic

6. Holy Cross

7. Dixie Heights

8. St. Henry

9. Cooper

10. Notre Dame

 

1. Lexi Held - Cooper

2. Jenna Martin - Highlands

3. Ally Johnson - Beechwood

4. Tyrah Englemon- Holmes

5. Booke Davis - Dixie Heights

6. Zoie Barth - Highlands

7. Maddie Scherr - Ryle

8. Laila Johnson - Holmes

9. Aleah Tucker - Holy Cross

10. Paige Noble - St. Henry

 

Before sharing my opinion on all the differences I have, I will say I think the ninth is really hard to figure out this season (at least pre-season). Other than Holmes I think there are 7-8 teams that could make a reasonable case for number two. There are just a lot of unknowns going into this season. Here's my attempt at the top ten -

Holmes

Conner

Highlands

Holy Cross

Notre Dame

Cooper

NCC

Ryle

Lloyd

Beechwood

 

Notre Dame, HC and Cooper are way too low. All three return some good players and will be good. I think Highlands (if they have Martin) and Conner (best depth in the region) have the best chance to upset Holmes for the title. Ryle has some great talent but is super young, they will likely upset some teams but they will also lose to some below average teams. Too inexperienced to be in the top 5. Lloyd and Beechwood (has best player in the region IMO) lost very little and were decent last year. I think both teams are sleeper teams to watch out for.

 

For the rankings I believe Ally Johnson is the best player. Then Martin, L.Johnson, Scherr, Englemon in any order. Girls missing and ahead of other girls listed are Lauren Schwartz (a no brainer, heard she will play EYBL in the summer), Maddie Burcham (ht, athletic and shooter) and Jaynice Stovall (best defender). My pre-season opinion is

A.Johnson

Martin

Englemon

Scherr

L.Johnson

Schwartz

Held

Barth

Stovall

Burcham

 

As others have said there are a lot of talented girls in the region, here are honorable mentions that could easily be in the top ten by the end of the season.

 

Paige Noble - SH

Kylie Anderson - Boone

Zyah Beal - Boone

Brooke Davis - Dixie

Haley Warndorf - Ludlow

Savannah Jordan - Conner

Aleah Tucker - HC

Maylasia Chames - HC

Kennedy Baugh - NDA

Hailey Anderson - Cooper

Very good post! And some great perspective!

 

Only thing I'll say I'm gonna stick with Ryle a little higher than you have them. I know they are young, but a couple of their players are wise beyond their years with the level of AAU they play. And with the addition of McGregor being back and Douthit there now, I think they will be fine. I think they will struggle against some matchups as one of the other posters mentions, but I just think there's only a handful of those teams that will be a matchup problem for them. They will be very athletic, but not big and no real bangers inside.

Scherr and Schwartz will both play EYBL this coming summer. Scherr played some 15U this past year. Schwartz played with Scherr on the 14U Premier team thats the equivalent of Premiers 14U EYBL with Scherr till we moved Scherr to the 15U to replace a guard that was moved to the 16U EYBL. Both are being recruited by major D1 Schools already. Great kids and family's.

Before sharing my opinion on all the differences I have, I will say I think the ninth is really hard to figure out this season (at least pre-season). Other than Holmes I think there are 7-8 teams that could make a reasonable case for number two. There are just a lot of unknowns going into this season. Here's my attempt at the top ten -

Holmes

Conner

Highlands

Holy Cross

Notre Dame

Cooper

NCC

Ryle

Lloyd

Beechwood

 

Notre Dame, HC and Cooper are way too low. All three return some good players and will be good. I think Highlands (if they have Martin) and Conner (best depth in the region) have the best chance to upset Holmes for the title. Ryle has some great talent but is super young, they will likely upset some teams but they will also lose to some below average teams. Too inexperienced to be in the top 5. Lloyd and Beechwood (has best player in the region IMO) lost very little and were decent last year. I think both teams are sleeper teams to watch out for.

 

For the rankings I believe Ally Johnson is the best player. Then Martin, L.Johnson, Scherr, Englemon in any order. Girls missing and ahead of other girls listed are Lauren Schwartz (a no brainer, heard she will play EYBL in the summer), Maddie Burcham (ht, athletic and shooter) and Jaynice Stovall (best defender). My pre-season opinion is

A.Johnson

Martin

Englemon

Scherr

L.Johnson

Schwartz

Held

Barth

Stovall

Burcham

 

As others have said there are a lot of talented girls in the region, here are honorable mentions that could easily be in the top ten by the end of the season.

 

Paige Noble - SH

Kylie Anderson - Boone

Zyah Beal - Boone

Brooke Davis - Dixie

Haley Warndorf - Ludlow

Savannah Jordan - Conner

Aleah Tucker - HC

Maylasia Chames - HC

Kennedy Baugh - NDA

Hailey Anderson - Cooper

 

I completely forgot, total brain fart. Sophie Hagen (Notre Dame) would likely be #10 on my list. Her injury last year kept her off a lot of radars.

I completely forgot, total brain fart. Sophie Hagen (Notre Dame) would likely be #10 on my list. Her injury last year kept her off a lot of radars.

 

#10 on the main list or the honorable mentions?

#10 on the main list or the honorable mentions?

 

Main list. At this point it would easier to rank teams and girls by tiers given all the unknowns. So everything is just an educated guess really

They've been ranked as high as number 1 in preseason polls, but fell short. A lot can happen during season. I'm not sure when Highlands has emerged from the 9th, but I think it's been a long time.

They've been ranked as high as number 1 in preseason polls, but fell short. A lot can happen during season. I'm not sure when Highlands has emerged from the 9th, but I think it's been a long time.

 

So because HHS hasn't won the region in awhile, that means they shouldn't be ranked high??? Not following this logic. They have had several really good years in a row. So because they haven't won the region, you'll just dismiss the good seasons they've had...typically playing one of the toughest schedules in the state each year???? And because they haven't won the region, they don't deserve a Pre-season ranking of 3rd? Again, not following.

 

Well I guess Conner and Ryle shouldn't be up there either then.

 

Sound to me like you're taking a shot at them. Why? Thought you were a HHS guy? LOL!

Okay, several are talking about ND. If you know me, you know I have great respect for ND. But for the life of me, I'm having a brain cramp remembering who returns for them. I also have a few open questions that are keeping me from being as high on them as others are.

 

So help me out here:

- Can someone list their roster? It's not on KHSSA.

- Is Baugh playing? I know she was 50/50 not too long ago.

- Who will pick up the scoring with Martin gone? Like her or not, she was a lot of their scoring last year.

- New coach and philosophy typically takes some time to adjust to and execute correctly. Also to learn the players and the players getting comfortable with their new roles.

Sophie Hagen - Junior

Kennedy Baugh - I believe she is playing - Senior

Allison Gribben - Senior

Abby Tierney - Junior

Danielle Rennekamp - Sophomore

 

I would expect most of the scoring to come from these 5 players. May even be your starters. They should also have a couple of good freshman this year just not sure how much varsity time they will see.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.